Eat your way to a beautiful healthy you with these Top 7 non-perishable superfoods and 10 beauty superfoods.
Top 7 Non-perishable Superfoods and 10 Beauty Superfoods
Top 7 Non-perishable Superfoods
Are These Foods in Your Cupboards?
- Canned wild salmon and tuna, packed in water
- Dried blueberries
- Whole grains (rolled oats, brown rice, popcorn)
- Green Tea
- Canned beans or legumes
- Extra-virgin olive oil
10 Beauty Superfoods
- Blueberries– loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Blueberries prevent aging by neutralizing the free radicals (molecules
responsible for aging and tissue damage) in the body. They also provide an immune system boost.
- Turmeric– has been used for years in holistic medicine as a digestive aid and a wound healer. It is also a natural liver detoxifier and potent natural anti-inflammatory (great for those with acne).
- Parsley– it is rich in vitamins A and C. It also contains powerful antioxidants that can help slow down the aging of cells. Parsley is also the perfect digestion remedy and can help cleanse the liver of toxins. So don’t pass on this often overlooked garnish. Parsley contains three times as much vitamin C as oranges and twice as much iron as spinach..crazy right!
- Coconut oil- has anti-microbial, anti-fungal and antibacterial functions. Helps with digestion. Excellent source of healthy fats. Applied topically is a great stretch mark prevention oil.
- Avocado– contains antioxidants that slow down aging, promotes good heart health, and prevents the growth of cancer cells. The natural oils in avocado also keep your skin looking vibrant and youthful.
- Tomatoes– contains lycopene, a powerful rejuvenating antioxidant that gives tomatoes their deep red color is known to reduce the risk of prostate, breast, lung and other cancers. Tomatoes also contain a ton of vitamin C and can help skin texture and color. They are also super low in calories..so eat up!
- Pumpkin Seeds– loaded with essential skin beautifying minerals and antioxidants. Pumpkin seeds are also a great anti-inflammatory. According to WHS pumpkin seeds are also known to boost the immune system and lower cancer risks. The best way to get all the health benefits is to eat them raw.
- Kale– has tons of vitamin K, A, and C. It is also a rich source of minerals including copper, calcium, iron and magnesium which all play a role in healthy beautiful skin. For more information on kale you can read this post.
- Lemon– contains over 200 enzymes which help to detoxify the liver. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which has many healthy skin benefits including maintaining collagen levels and repairing tissue damage.
- Sardines– you may not be a fan of these…but the health benefits are unbelievable. They are loaded with calcium, vitamin D and B12. A three ounce serving of sardines has as much calcium as a cup of milk. Sardines are also high in omega-3 fatty acids. A diet high in Omega-3 has been shown to inhibit breast, colon and kidney cancer. So you may want to reconsider incorporating these slimy little fishes into your diet. * I like mine with lemon and rosemary 🙂
Eat your way to a beautiful you now with these Top 7 Non-perishable Superfoods and 10 Beauty Superfoods!!