Top 7 Non-perishable Superfoods and 10 Beauty Superfoods
Top 7 Non-perishable Superfoods
Are These Foods in Your Cupboards?
- Canned wild salmon and tuna, packed in water
- Dried blueberries
- Whole grains (rolled oats, brown rice, popcorn)
- Green Tea
- Canned beans or legumes
- Extra-virgin olive oil
10 “Beauty” Superfoods
- Blueberries– loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Blueberries prevent aging by neutralizing the free radicals (molecules
responsible for aging and tissue damage) in the body. They also provide a
boost in the immune system.
- Turmeric– has been used for years in holistic medicine as as a
digestive aid and a wound healer. It is also a natural liver detoxifier
and potent natural anti-inflammatory (great for those with acne).
- Parsley– it is rich in vitamins A and C. It also contains powerful
antioxidants that can help slow down the aging of cells. Parsley is also
the perfect digestion remedy and can help cleanse the liver of toxins.
So don’t pass on this often overlooked garnish. Parsley contains three
times as much vitamin C as oranges, and twice as much iron as
- Coconut oil- has anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial
functions. Helps with digestion. Excellent source of healthy fats.
Applied topically is a great stretch mark prevention oil.
- Avocado– contains antioxidants that slow down aging, promotes good
heart health, and prevents the growth of cancer cells. The natural oils
in avocado also keep your skin looking vibrant and youthful.
- Tomatoes-contain lycopene, a powerful rejuvenating antioxidant that
gives tomatoes their deep red color is known to reduce the risk of
prostate, breast, lung and other cancers. Tomatoes also contain a ton of
vitamin C and can help skin texture and color. They are also super low
in calories..so eat up!
- Pumpkin Seeds– loaded with essential skin beautifying minerals and
antioxidants. Pumpkin seeds are also a great anti-inflammatory.
According to WHS pumpkin seeds are also known to boost the immune system
and lower cancer risks. The best way to get all the health benefits is
to eat them raw.
- Kale– has tons of vitamin K, A and C. It is also a rich source of
minerals including cooper, calcium, iron and magnesium which all play a
role in healthy beautiful skin. For more information on kale you can
read read this post.
- Lemon– contains over 200 enzymes which help to detoxify the liver.
Lemons are high in vitamin C, which has many healthy skin benefits
including maintaining collagen levels and repairing tissue damage.
- Sardines– you may not be a fan of these…but the health benefits are
unbelievable. They are loaded with calcium, vitamin D and B12. A three
ounce serving of sardines has as much calcium as a cup of milk. Sardines
are also high in omega-3 fatty acids. A diet high in Omega-3 has been
shown to inhibit breast, colon and kidney cancer. So you may want to
reconsider incorporating these slimy little fishes into your diet. * I
like mine with lemon and rosemary 🙂