You just can’t beat the benefits of chia seeds. This Chia Seed Pudding recipe can be a
dessert or even a breakfast meal. Plus it’s Gluten Free and good for you! The recipe is super easy and though
it takes two days to prepare, it’s worth every minute. Enjoy! It’s too delicious not to share – so make extra to share at your 4th of July get-togethers!
The chia seeds give this dish a little crunch. Sometimes chia seed dissolve into small round clear balls, but they did not in in this recipe, leaving it with a little crunch. A few benefits of this nutritional superfood are: it helps fill you up, is a weight loss gem, and 1oz has 11g dietary fiber & 4g protein. I encourage you to do some background check on this little seed. You’ll love what you find.
CHIA SEED PUDDING
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk OR vanilla-flavored unsweetened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbl pure maple syrup, + 4 tsp for mixing with berries
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk almond milk, yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until blended. Whisk in chia seeds; let stand 30 mins. Stir to distribute the seeds. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, in another medium bowl, toss the berries with the remaining 4 tsp maple syrup.
- Spoon pudding into 4 bowls or glasses and top with berries and serve immediately. Serves 4.