Inspired by Brody’s week at nature camp last week, I decided to make some more dirt dough. This DIY Activity for Kids – Dirt Dough (uncooked playdough) is a bit different than I’ve seen on the Internet as this one includes coffee grounds. This is such a cool idea …and it smells good too. Try adding flavored coffee grounds for even a better smelling dough.
Brody’s week at nature camp was a bit pricey, but I’m glad they gave me their recipe for dirt dough. Besides his dough he made, the recipe and a t-shirt that’s pretty much all he came home with after it ended. He had a great time though and that’s what counts…really.
DIY Activity for Kids – Dirt Dough (uncooked playdough)
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- coffee grounds
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of coffee liquid (optional, if needed)
- In a bowl mix water, salt, oil.
- Gradually add flour and cornstarch until the mixture reaches the consistency of bread dough.
- Knead with hands – that’s the fun part!
- Add coffee grounds to your liking to form the dirt-like dough. I used 2 K-cups of grounds.
- Add liquid from coffee if needed, otherwise, add a bit more water if needed.
- Play hard. Have fun.
- Store covered in a zip lock bag.
This is one craft I let Brody pretty much do all by himself. It was a little messy but it cleaned up well.
Get kids involved with DIY Activity for Kids – Dirt Dough (uncooked playdough)!