Before I show you this simple craft, I want to know if you’ve seen the new 96oz. Kool-Aid? It’s huge…and it’s an ideal ready-to-drink beverage that will take care of your thirst while hanging out by the pool all day and playing water volley ball with your friends! These convenient sizes are large enough to share! They come in various flavors and are available at Walmart. Cool off this summer with Kool-Aid by your side…poolside that is!
While perusing the beverage isle of my local Walmart store in Roanoke, TX to pick up a 96 oz. Kool-Aid, I came across some cute little guys called Kool-Aid Liquid, and thought that these would be a possible way to give my sugar scrub some color. Brought the little watermelon guy home and put it to the test…Perfecto! I have now come up with a pink sugar scrub using Kool-Aid – how “kool” is that!
Here is my simple body sugar scrub using Kool-Aid Liquid that any teenager to adult can make…and believe me, just add water and it WILL be good enough to drink! But hey, I didn’t try that, but I bet it would work.
DIY: Kool-Aid Pink Body Sugar Scrub – Only 3 Ingredients
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 squirts of Kool-Aid Liquid – Watermelon
- 6 tablespoon coconut oil
Pour measured sugar in glass bowl, add the 3 squirts of Kool-Aid Liquid and mix with fingers until it becomes pink and fluffy. Add in the coconut oil. I melted mine in microwave to make it liquid before adding it, but you can also mix the oil in the solidified stage. Mix well and enjoy! Makes enough for about 6 good body scrubs.
Take a dab and rub onto each leg, arm and elbows and rinse off with warm water. Dry body by patting your skin with a towel. The scrub will take off a layer of dead skin leaving your body nice & smooth and ready for that awesome summer tan!! Also great for your hands.
Here’s a few other ideas for making the sugar scrub:
- Double the recipe and make at a slumber party
- Make in advance for those camping trips and while the boys are fishing – take the girls down by the lake and have a scrubby good time.
- Having a pool party? Create a Kool-Aid theme! Half the recipe to hand out to all your guests.
- A perfect gift for teenagers to make for their friends.
- Your daughter’s turning 13! Let this be the activity they do at her birthday party and each guest takes home theirs.
- Have a mother/daughter spa day.
- Invite friends over for a craft day, make this and drink Kool-Aid!
- To say “Thank You” to someone for being helpful and kind.
For me – it’s the perfect time to say “thank you” to my neighbor for watching our dogs and watering our lawn while we were out-of-town this past year. Homemade gifts are the best!! She’ll love the little guy too! A perfect trio for a gift…don’t you think?