It’s been 3 years now that I’ve had signs of menopause and those on and off again hot flashes. These feelings are by far worse than those menstrual cramps I had for years. Well, prepare yourselves ladies because menopause is coming whether you want it to or not. Here are 10 signs you are in menopause and 10 helpful tips to deal with it!!
The below signs of menopause or peri-menopause I have myself experienced and something you can look out for. I do know, from talking with my friends and my mother that not all women have or had signs of menopause – well count yourself lucky if you don’t!! Also, doctors say that a women is in full blown menopause after she has not had a period for 1 full year.
10 Signs You are in Menopause
- Hot flashes, night sweats
- Feeling awful – sluggish, fatigued
- Tears flow more often
- Trouble sleeping through the night
- Periods are unpredictable
- Difficult making sound decisions (more so than before)
- Sore muscles, especially in the neck area and lower back
- The dreaded weight gain no matter how hard you try to lose weight
- Breast tenderness
- Your memory starts to go – I hate this part!!!
There’s more symptoms to watch for. You could “google it” and find more info or you could go to Molina Healthcare where you may find some important information on women’s wellness, and how to take care of yourself in any situation.
The above picture was taken in October of this year, and though I’m smiling and happy to be alive, and able to care for my grandson and have people who love me in my life, but underneath I’m upset that I’ve gain 20 lbs in the last year. I blame that on menopause because I eat healthy and I care too much about I how feel and my all over health to gain weight like this.
10 Helpful Tips to Deal
- If you haven’t yet, get on supplements, such as Vitamin C, all the B Vitamins and Vitamin D3. I also understand Vit. E is good too. I think I take every supplement I can, and them some.
- Start a yoga class – it helps with the score muscles and your all over health.
- Take MORE time for yourself – get a massage!!
- Breathe deep – with your stomach and not your shoulders – yoga teaches you this. We take our breathing for granted – just make sure you’re doing it correctly. (through the stomach and not with your shoulders).
- Invest in some 100% pure essential oils, such as lemon, lavender, and peppermint. There’s so much that you can do with these three alone. Look up the benefits of each and I bet you’ll find more EO’s that you’ll want to try. I put lemon in my drinking water every day. It helps to clean your insides and flush out toxins.
- Dress in layers ladies!! At home, and out & about – wear a short sleeve shirt and a sweater so you can take that sweater off when a hot flash arrives!!! Seriously.
- If you’re a stay-at-home mom like I am, be sure to dress up every now and them. Put your make up on and go somewhere.
- Do talk with your spouse about it. They do need to know what’s going on and that in time…this too shall pass.
- Read up on menopause and other symptoms you may be experiencing. You could very possibly have other things going on on top of the menopause symptoms. I did, but that’s another blog post.
- LOVE YOURSELF MORE!
Be sure to listen to your body…and do something about it sooner than later.
Taking care of yourself is the main point I’m trying to get across here. Watch for the signs…YOU KNOW YOUR BODY BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE…EVEN THE DOCTORS…so listen to it.