Getting a new puppy? Read this first so you can be prepared for when you bring your new puppy home!! New Puppy Essentials: Preparing for A Puppy
There’s a lot to prepare for when a new puppy comes to your home to live. They are very needy and lots of care (at first) is involved. In our case, we adopted two puppies from the Tzu Zoo Rescue Group. I took extra care in getting them their puppy essentials to make them feel at home.
New Puppy Essentials: Preparing for A Puppy
- A secure place to stay – we chose a crate (make sure it’s big enough, but not too big)
- Blankets – we are using doll blankets
- Teething toys
- Good wholesome puppy food. We chose Wellness Grain-free
- A brush
- Food bowl
- Water bowl
- Puppy treats
- If you have two or more puppies – they will probably want their own feeding bowl and water bowl.
- Check out Vets and have one picked out before puppy comes home.
- Make sure you are aware that puppy/puppies cost a lot of money. Proper shots and care are a must.
- Make sure your backyard is secure and there’s no holes in the fences. They love to explore and escape!
- You may need a couple of pet gates to keep them from roaming the whole house. We use baby gates.
- If you have children – you may want to give them a talk about how to treat puppies.
- Find a large blanket to put over crate so puppy can sleep.
- If adopting, make sure you know everything about them and where they came from.
I learned a little more about adopting versus buying from a pet store or a puppy mill. I saved two lives by doing so. I gave two scared and shy dogs a home. Rescue pups needs our love. Please consider all options and then go out and get you some loving.