First, I’d like to take this time to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I do hope you get your bellies full!!!
Reminiscing about Thanksgivings’ past is my favorite thing to do as we gathering around the table to eat our meal. We talk about how funny my dad was when he told the kids to “pull his finger” and they would fall for it every time!! And the time when he and my cousin would shake our hands and say, “how you doing” – those were the best of times. This year will be different because we lost my dad just a few shorts months ago. He was the one who always said the blessing. Family is everything to me, and we will certainly miss him…but his memories will last a lifetime and will always be talked about during the holidays. We are so thankful for our whole family!
What’s your favorite memory of Thanksgivings’ past? What holiday recipes are your favorite?
We always serve a medley of olives, tomatoes, & marinated mozzarella cheese in a bowl drenched in olive oil, but this year I’m making the dish more festive and using Mezzetta Olives so my family can have Mezzetta Memories!!
Our Thanksgiving Menu
- Smoke brisket
- Turkey breast
- Cornbread sage dressing
- Green bean casserole
- Brussels sprouts
- Sweet potato casserole
- Mashed potatoes
- Mezzetta Memories Rosemary Wreath Appetizer
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- Pumpkin pie
- Pumpkin chia pudding parfaits
- Cast Iron skillet apple pie
Cast Iron Skillet Apple Pie – My husband made this a couple of years ago and it’s already on my blog – A must make for the holidays!!
Mezzetta Memories Rosemary Wreath
- Marinated mozzarella balls – mix basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper in extra-virgin olive oil then drizzle over mozzarella balls – let set for 20 mins.
- Mezzetta Kalamata Olives
- Cherry tomatoes – save some mixture from above and drizzle over tomatoes
- Fresh Rosemary – Luckily, we grew a couple of rosemary bushes in our garden this year, so I had plenty to make a wreath. While the mozzarella balls are setting, I cut a few twigs from the plant, washed it, and slightly bended the rosemary into a wreath.
- Serve with crackers
This wreath was so fun to make. It will definitely be a tradition of mine every year!!
Be sure to enter this great sweeps!!
About Mezzetta Olives
Family owned since 1935, the fourth generation is continuing to bring the highest quailty foods available. They use the finest fresh produce from the sun-drenched soils of California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece. The Mezzetta family prepare their foods according to their Italian family recipes in the state-of-the-art facility in the Napa Valley.