These chewy chocolate pecan brownies are made from scratch by me, and I loaded them up with healthier ingredients, such as organic all-purpose flour, non-dairy milk, and less sugar. Not only are these brownies are sweet, they are rich in chocolate. They will sure make your Valentine smile with delight. Enjoy!!!
Valentine’s Day is all about love, right? Bake up some of these delicious brownies for everyone in your household, and you’ll be the best mom around!! I promise!! What I did here was I took a recipe I found online and substituted healthier ingredients to make this dessert okay to eat if you’re looking to enjoy sweets but trying or wanting to eat healthier. Don’t worry, the taste is still good…as a matter of fact, even better in my opinion!!
- 1 cup King Arthur 100% Organic all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2oz. dark chocolate, chopped (70% cocoa or higher)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Turbinado cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in medium bowl; whisk to combine.
- Slowly heat butter and chocolate over low heat, or microwave for 45 seconds – stirring constantly until smooth. Set aside slightly cool.
- Meanwhile, add sugar, milk, vanilla, egg, and egg yolks, stir with whisk to combine.
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into sprayed baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean. Ovens vary, and brownies will continue to cook in pan once out of oven so it’s okay if toothpick doesn’t come out clean.
- A little help from Pooh Bear is always nice!!
If you have a minute whip up this batch – it’s so much better for you than the boxed brownies. Adding pecans on top will make them more appealing to the “nuts” in your family…and not to mention a better crunch – try it!!
Will you be baking for Valentine’s Day? Let me know in a comment!! Happy Valentine’s Day!