Before going on my monthly shopping trip to Whole Foods I was looking for a list of The Dirty Dozen so I googled it. I found a few…but each list I found was slightly different than the other. UGH!! The majority of the lists I saw had most of the same produce but varied with one or two.
Thought maybe some of you would want a print out of the list to carry with you in your purse or pocket.
The Dirty Dozen is a list of fruits and vegetables that we should (and I say that lightly) buy organic because of how they are grown. It’s known that these foods are grown with pesticide residue on them. So, you make the choice. My husband doesn’t believe in this, but I do – yea, it’s a drag sometimes b/c he does a lot of our grocery shopping.
- Sweet Bell Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Snap Peas
Did you know there’s a list now for the “Daily” Dozen? It’s a list of foods recommended by Michael Greger, MD that should be eaten every day to have a long and healthy life. I use that word “should” very lightly. >>>>INSERT>>>>According to one of my readers I now have the rest (see below)
- Beans or Legumes – such as; soybeans, split peas, chickpeas, and lentils. Split pea soup and hummus will work.
- Berries – he also says avocadoes and bananas are in this group.
- Cruciferous Vegetables – such as; broccoli, cabbage, collards, kale (at least 3 servings from this list and other green veggies)
- Nuts – a quarter cup of nuts is considered a serving, or 2 tbs of nut butters
- Spices – include turmeric in your daily dose
- Whole Grains – can be more than just bread – ex. pasta, oatmeal, cold cereal, popcorn
- Other Vegetables
- Other Fruits
Sorry, the other six are in his book called “How Not To Die” by Dr. Michael Greger. I sure am intrigued to know which foods I should be eating every day. If anyone knows, please comment below. This six above will bust my butt if I had to eat them everyday…just saying.
The above information was taken from MindBodyGreen.com. I love that website. LOVE!!