Special treats for special people, right? Easter is a special holiday, so let’s bless the special people in our lives with homemade gifts. I love making crafts to give out to special people in my life. This year, I get to make these treat cones for my son’s Kindergarten teacher. The cone itself is a gift!!
These treat cones are so fun to make and decorate. They can literally be made for any holiday or for any occasion. Feel ’em up with candy or small gifts and give them out to teachers, co-workers, neighbors, or anyone you want to!
Instructions for Paper Treat Cones:
- First go here to print out the cone pattern. It’s on the Martha Stewart website.
- Get some 12 x 12 designer paper to use and cut out cone pattern. Four cones can be cut out from one sheet – put the straight edge of the pattern next to the edge of the sheet each time you trace it to get four. Print out the pattern, then come back here to instructions.
- Slightly score (fold) the area with the dotted lines.
- Place double-sided tape on the scored part and fold pattern to make the cone. Play with it first BEFORE you put the tape on it.
- Tie ribbon around cone. Here’s a tip. Place cone upside down on table and tie your ribbon around it that way. I even put a piece of tape in the back to hold the ribbon in place while I’m tying bow.
- Use your scrap paper for the gift tags. I used a punch and punched out a tag. You can cut a circle or square for a tag. Hole punch tag and tie around one side of the ribbon or clip to cone using a paper clip or tiny clip.
- Fill with delicious Easter candy and some shred.
Are you crafty? If you are, you know that we spend a lot of time making crafts and we hope that the people we give them to will appreciate them, right? I usually only give homemade gifts to people I know will like them and find that they want to keep them. I had a great aunt that appreciated everything I made for her.She would call me every time she received something in the mail from me. When she passed away a couple of years ago, we were going through some of her things and I found every single paper craft I made her. It made me cry.
If you’re a crafter, what was the last thing you made? Please share every detail with me!!!