We had a great time visiting and touring the Natural Bridge Caverns, one of the world’s premier caverns and the largest cave in Texas. Located in the Texas Hill Country 12 miles outside of New Braunfels, 30 minutes north of San Antonio, and about a 4-hour drive from the Dallas/Fort Worth. If you take Hwy 281 the drive alone is spectacular.
Natural Bridge Caverns is an incredible underground world of natural beauty.
Natural Bridge Caverns New Braunfels Texas Hill Country Coupon Inside #naturalbridge
The Natural Bridge Caverns offers several tours daily, and the one my family took for free in exchange for writing this post and telling my readers all about this awesome place, was the Discovery Tour (see below how you can save $1-$2 off the price of admittance for your family). This particular tour lasted about 75 minutes and we were able to get some gorgeous views and photos. It was a half mile of the largest and most spectacular show cavern in Texas. I’m surprised my parents didn’t take us there when we were young. There’s so much to do right by the Caverns. It’s definitely a place anyone who wants to see what Texas is all about should go…and bucket list worthy!!
There’s a lot of history that goes with the Caverns and we had a tour guide to tell us all about it. It was very interesting and I love that my 6 yr old got to learn a bit of Texas history there. He had the best time in that cave. Below was the ONLY rock anyone could touch. Everything in that Cavern was hands-off! Brody did great the whole way through. The only downfall we had that day was it was hot and muggy inside the cave. It had rained and rained and rained and no way was it 70 degrees inside that cave like the brochure says. I even brought a sweater to wear in case it got chilly inside. I suggest if any of you are susceptible to humid weather, to call first. A lot of people were very uncomfortable. Other than that, the cavern was absolutely gorgeous and actually unbelievable looking.
Natural Bridge Caverns – New Braunfels, TX
- Cavern passage discovered in 1960 by four college students
- On their fourth expedition, a cool draft was felt – they made their way through 2 miles.
- Landowners developed first 1/2 mile – the most spectacular part of the caverns – for guest around the world to enjoy.
- The Natural Bridge Cavern’s Discovery Tour was developed.
- Opened to the public in 1964.
- Designated a State Historical Site and a Registered National Landmark.
- Tour is 75 minutes long and takes you through vast underground rooms, including a room the size of a football field.
- You’ll be able to see amazing delicate crystalline formations and gigantic stone monuments.
- Hundreds of thousands of guests all over the world have enjoyed the Tour.
My readers can save $2 off Adult & $1 of Child’s Discovery Tour ticket by going here San Antonio Kid’s Guide. Valid only on the Discovery Tour, cannot be combined with any other offer. Limit 6 pr coupon. For more information on Natural Bridge Caverns please visit naturalbridgecaverns.com.
Natural Bridge Caverns – Naturally AMAZING!! Visit today!