If there’s one thing in life I want to accomplish it is to make sure my family lives a long healthy life. That’s why I came up with these 10 healthy habits my family does every day in hopes that I may give others some ideas of doing the same. For more than I want for myself, I want to make sure my son is healthy and happy and makes good choices.
I did not choose any habits I don’t do myself. There are a few that we struggle with, but for the most part, my husband, son and I do them all….every day! Also, please don’t think “I think” I am Ms Perfect…because I’m far from that. I just want to feel good every day and be the best I can be…and that goes for my family too. There’s a couple of affiliate links here so you know where you can purchase if you choose to.
10 Healthy Habits My Family Does Every Day
- Drink water, never soda. When I met my husband 15 years ago all he drank was coke. He now won’t even touch it, instead he orders tea and I order water most of the time. I like tea too. We order Brody lemonade or water.
- Keep regular bedtime hours. We go to bed at the same time each night and we wake up every morning at the same time….even on weekends. I know, sounds boring…but for the most part, it’s true.
- Take vitamins and supplements. We all take vitamins and I take supplements, this includes a probiotic and turmeric . Still trying to get my husband to remember to take his.
- Eat fruits and vegetables at every meal. Okay, we are working on this one. But, it’s a workable goal for us.
- Wash hands. All the time. I’m constantly washing my hands and making Brody wash his. We truly rarely get colds and the flu.
- Wear sunscreen. My son also wears a swim shirt.
- Floss. My son and I are pros at this, but I’m still trying to get my husband to do it, but hey, he’s an adult so there’s only so much I can say to him, right?
- Eat dinner as a family. This might be in the den or in the kitchen at our small table with only 2 stools, but we eat together.
- Play and Exercise. Our son plays, Tracy walks 3 miles in the mornings, and me…well, I’m trying to walk every morning after I take my son to school.
- We kiss and hug each other. Yes, that’s a healthy habit to do. We kiss Brody good night, good morning, and any time I can!! Tracy and I kiss good night and good-bye for the day. Marriage is hard, but we try to show Brody that is workable and we love each other no matter what.
I wish I could say we pray, but we got out of the habit of doing so. I use to pray with Brody to bless all of our family members and our family who are in heaven. We want Brody to know that God exists and God loves us and God is good.
Oh, and by the way, these photos are our family photos taken in New Mexico this past summer. Amanda Photography did an excellent job.
What is one healthy habit you and your family do every day?