Did you know there is a successful healthy eating program at selected schools across the nation that NutriBullet University (NBU) is responsible for? There sure is, and you can read all about it right here. After reading you can enter a mighty nice NBU prize pack giveaway below. So grab a cup of your favorite drink and sit a spell – I think you’ll enjoy learning what this company is doing for students!
NBU is a 90-day healthy eating program designed to increase vegetable intake, improve overall healthy, and create advocates for lifestyle change through nutrition. You know what they say – start them young and they’ll forever remember!!
In this program, every student receives access to a NBU Blast Bar (a smoothie), NBU unit, nutrition education, and NBU Sweatshirt – just like the giveaway here. I’m excited to say that I was given the same NutriBullet University (NBU) products to help facilitate this #Blast2School campaign post and giveaway. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was given.
What’s extra exciting is NBU has partnered with Chosen Foods (which I am a proud ambassador for), where Chosen Foods will donate the chia seeds for the blasts AND is providing a 2lb bag of chia seeds with the prize package. I love this company and all their nutritional products.
3 Main components to NBU:
- Kick-off – Initiates program and introduce daily Blast Bar to students. Collect baseline health data.
- Day-to-day Blast Bar – Students consume 1 Blast every school day following standard recipes or recipe guidelines. There are a total of 6 recipes. School sends weekly reports and social media content for postings.
- Wrap-up – Students create a unique Blast recipe and hosts a Blast Bar for their school/community. It show the community the evidence of hands-on learning. Health data is collected to measure change.
Here is a recipe for a blast that you can easily make at home.
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 in cucumber
- 1 banana
- 4 frozen raspberries
- 1 TBSP chia seed
- coconut water
Doesn’t that sound good? It makes me want to get back to juicing!!
I’m glad to share the below overview with you that tells all about the NBU program. for more information tune in to NBU Living
NBU selected 10 Gold Schools across the nation.
- James Bowie – Dallas TX
- Margaret Henderson – Dallas TX
- South Elementary – Pinson, TN
- West Side High – NYC
- DeSoto Trail – Tallahassee, FL
- Bluff Park – Hoover, AL
- Atherton Elementary – Burton MI
- Josh Sexton – St. Petersburg FL
- Namaste Charter School – Chicago IL
- Los Angeles based school – Pending approval
These schools are scheduled to launch in August 2016. An additional 10 schools are scheduled to launch in Spring of 2017.
If you too think this is a wonderful program for our future leaders, please share this information with your friends and family. Now, onto the Giveaway.
About the Giveaway
Giveaway starts Aug.1 and runs through Aug. 15th. One winner will win a NBU Prize Pack (see below) and will be chosen randomly at end of giveaway. Winner’s name will be placed on the giveaway form which will be seen on blog. I will also contact the winner via email. NBU is responsible for fulfillment and delivery of prize package to winner.
NutriBullet University Prize Pack Includes:
- NBU Edition NutriBullet Pro System
- Fueling the Future Cookbook
- 1 SUPERFOOD SUPERKIDS Plant Protein Blend
- NBU Hoodie
- Selection of Chosen Foods Chia Seeds
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I hope you enjoyed this information on the NutriBullet University Program & the giveaway.
NBU’s Mission Statement – Our goal is to improve the diets of children and decrease risk for chronic diseases by empowering kids to make healthy decisions. Founded by NutriBullet LLC, a health and wellness company focused on making it easy to consistently incorporate healthy eating into one’s lifestyle.