I am sure many of you have seen the green recycle symbol on trash cans in and around your neighborhood, and you see the recycle triangle on almost every day household products. When you think about it, what are the benefits of recycling to you?
When you learn more about recycling and the benefits of recycling, you may just hop on board with recycling in your home and office. Recycling has been around for a long time and there are many households already taking part in recycling, here’s why:
What Are the Benefits of Recycling
- Reduces the Size of Landfills – when you opt to recycle you are keeping more trash out of the landfills. When you recycle, you are using waste in a constructive way eventually landfills will shrink more.
- More Employment Opportunity – when you drop off your recycling it creates employment for others who then sort it out and work to ship it off to the correct facilities that will reuse this product.
- Make Extra Cash – some items you can recycle such as glass bottles and aluminum carry a small cash return which can add up if you do this all year round.
- Saves Energy – recycling reduces greenhouse gas emissions that are said to be responsible for global warming. Just 30% of recycling is equal to removing 30 million cars from our highways.
- Reduces Pollution – when you recycle it reduces the need to collect new raw materials which helps keep our air quality better. Less trash in our landfills also means fewer landfills which keeps our forests alive.
- Makes you Feel Good – recycling makes you feel good because you know you have taken one small step towards doing something for your environment. This is a great way to make sure you are doing your part for our Earth.
- Instills Good Habits for Future Generations – if you are raising kids and want to instill good habits within them, then recycling is an easy place to start. Kids that grow up with parents who recycle are more apt to recycle as adults.
Does your mail look like this after about a couple of weeks, or should I say your garage? Mine, sometimes does!! Why not recycle it all!!!
While there are many benefits of recycling, these top the list. When you can do something that reduces landfills, creates employment opportunities, allows you to make a little extra cash, saves energy and reduces pollution it should be a no-brainer that you opt to recycle. Many trash facilities will allow to drop off your recycling free of charge. This is a great way to recycle when your town may not have free curbside pickup. Some use their own recycling bins and/or recycling bags.
Whatever you decide when it comes to recycling, please keep in mind that when you start recycling you are reducing the strain on our environment and economy. It costs less to recycle products back into new ones than it does to create them from scratch.
You decide: Just what are the benefits of recycling?