Round up the family and grab your keys because this year is going to be full of wonderful holiday happenings in Dallas/Fort Worth and surrounding areas.
Year after year Dallas/For Worth venues has provided us with free holiday events for the whole family. Though most are free for your enjoyment, some do cost. My family goes to at least 3 or 4 of these events each year. I invite you and your family to explore what the Dallas/Fort Worth has to offer in way of Holiday Happenings!!
Holiday Happenings in Dallas/Fort Worth
- Christmas in the Stockyards – December 3rd from 11:30 AM – 5 PM – Grab your boots and head to Fort Worth for fun – holiday parade, cowboy Santa, caroling, petting zoo, food, face painting and more. 131 E. Exchange Ave.
- Texas Christkindl Market – Nov. 25-Dec. 23 in Arlington next to the Globe Life Park – it’s going to be a great Black Friday Market this year!! Fletchers Corny Dogs will be there too! Check it out txchristkindlmarket.com
- Ballpark Tours – Searching for Santa – check here for December dates to be announced – rangersevents.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gift Of Lights at the Texas Motor Speedway – Nov. 24 – Dec. 30 – 6-10 pm Nightly. Cost $25 per car. $5 off with toy donation. Benefiting Toys For Tots, Christmas Wish, Ronald McDonald House, Scottish Rite Hospital, & Speedway Children’s Charities. TMSGIFTOFLIGHTS.COM
- Casa Manana Children’s Theatre – Now playing….Santa Claus A New Musical sponsored by Macy’s – Santa wants to retire…but who will replace him….come find out Nov. 25 – Dec. 23. casamanana.org
- Gaylord Texan’s Long Star Christmas – ICE featuring Santa Claus is Comin’ To Town – indoor snow tubing at its best, plus many more activities. Nov. 10 – Jan. 1 If going between Nov. – use my coupon code MOMMIEAGAIN to get 50% off on tickets!! ChristmasAtGaylordTexan.com
- Grapevine, TX – the Christmas Capital of Texas! Enjoy North Pole Express plus more than 1,400 family-friendly events in Grapevine’s charming Christmas setting. Starts Mid November through Early January. GrapevineTexasUSA.com Everyone’s hashtagging….you might as well too – #GVChristmas
- Grapevine Mills – In December come out and see Caring Santa on the 3rd, Pet photo with Santa on the 11th (reservation required), Scuba diving Santa at Sea Life Aquarium, call for dates, Santa Breakfast at Rainforest Cafe (call for dates/res. required) grapevinemills.com
- Southlake Town Square Home for the Holidays Tree Lighting Celebration – free activities, photos with Santa, snow hill sledding, snowman building, carriage rides, holiday crafts, live entertainment & more. We never miss this – it’s a great time for the whole family!!! Saturday, Nov. 19 4:30 PM – 8:30 PM. Tip…get there early!! homefortheholidayssouthlake.com
- Texas Girls’ Choir – free concert Dec. 3rd at 6:30 PM and 4th at 3 PM. 4449 Camp Bowie Blvd. TexasGirlsChoir.org
- Starlight Symphony Opening Night, Nov. 23, 5-9pm. Featuring Santa’s arrival in Fort Worth and the lighting of West 7th – plus Victorian carolers, a free sledding hill with REAL snow and character entertainment. Check it out – west-7th.com.
- Fort Worth’s Sundance Square Annual Christmas Tree Lighting – Nov. 19th 6PM.
- Parade of Lights in Fort Worth – Nov. 20th 6PM. Starts at Belknap and Throckmorton.
- Cowtown Indie Bazaar Handmade Holidays – Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016, 11am – 5pm at Will Rogers Memorial Center, Amon Carter Exhibits Hall Roundup Inn, 3401 W. Lancaster, Fort Worth, 76106. Cost is free. www.cowtownindiebazaar.com
If you are a venue in the Dallas/Fort Worth area putting on a holiday event and would like to be included in my list here, please email Kim at rememberKim@verizon.net. I’ll be glad to add yours at no charge. Happy Holidays.