When you have a boy who loves to play with legos and not girls…you have a boy party at the most fun place in the DFW area!! That would be LEGOLAND Discovery Center Grapevine.
It’s wintertime and your kid has a birthday. So, where do you go for fun and to celebrate? You go to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Grapevine. Their indoor playhouse is wonderful…and warm! The weather in Texas is unpredictable and when you have a birthday to plan you normally either choose your home and somewhere else indoors.
Brody and I have been lucky thus far to have had the privilege of going to LEGOLAND quite often for free in exchange for a write-up on my blog about our experiences. So, when Brody told me he would like to go back to celebrate his birthday, I made it happen. But not alone. I was supplied six tickets for this day to come true. Once in, I paid for everything else. Thanks LEGOLAND for a fun-filled day with the boys!!
There’s absolutely so much to do inside. I can’t believe I didn’t get more pictures. I thought I would be able to sit and watch the boys, but they kept me moving. They are only 6 yrs old and I guess wanted me around….what was I thinking!! Anyway, our day was action-packed…never stagnant as we bounce around to every station one after the other. We spent about 3 hrs there and could have stayed longer.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Grapevine
Experience the ultimate indoor LEGO playground year around right here in the metroplex at the Grapevine Mills Mall. For kids up to age 10.
Here are a few fun things you and your kids can experience:
- LEGO 4D Cinema (that’s us in the theater above) – the movie is short but mighty and changes often, so you can go back each time and probably see something different.
- LEGO Build & Test – the boys had a blast here as they built their car and raced it down the track.
- LEGO Rides – I actually love the rides myself. There are two rides adults can ride!! The other is a car that kids can ride around a track.
- MINILAND Model Display – miniature landmarks of area business in and around the Metroplex.
- Play Zone
- Pirate Beach (not opened year around, call first)
- The new Coffee Shop
- Birthday parties
- and much more!!
To make the most of your visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Grapevine definitely check out the attraction’s website so you can plan ahead.
This just in! – Check out ‘DFW of The Future’ MINILAND Model Display Unveiled January 3rd – In celebration of the New Year, LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Dallas/Fort Worth will unveil DFW of The Future, a new LEGO model display designed by children from across North Texas. Call for details.