It’s a new year…it’s a new you. What are you going to do with it? Here’s to a new year and 5 ways to jumpstart your health.
Happy New Year!
A new year means new goals, right? Look back on your past year…if you had to review your overall health, how would you rank it? Good, bad or non-existent? It’s hard to assess the past, but by doing so will help you plan for your future! Whatever your answer, don’t worry. It’s a new year, right? The possibilities and options are endless on ways to improve ourselves. Each day is a new day that we have complete control over. We make our own decisions and choices each and every day, we have the ability to start over and get back on track on a daily basis as well. Every day is 100% a new day, with a new beginning and a new end. If that isn’t motivation in itself, I don’t know what is!
If your focus this year is on getting healthy, then congrats! What a positive way to take charge of yourself and your life to ensure that you live your best year yet! Sometimes, finding that way to take the first step in the direction of your goal is the hardest…so, here are 5 ways to jumpstart your health for this year!
5 Ways to Jumpstart Your Health
- Understand your limits. Trust me, I relate to this. I WANT to be able to get out each morning and run at least 2 miles. BUT, my reality makes this totally unrealistic. Does that make me a failure in reaching my health goal? No, it actually helps me because it makes me set a realistic approach to my healthy lifestyle. In my mind, since I know there is no way I can commit to running 2 miles, I am able to process and scale it back to be able to WALK around the block several times instead.
- Clear out those cabinets. Yep, get rid of the junk. Donate it, give the items to friends or family members…just get rid of food items in your home that will be counter-productive to your healthy lifestyle. While you may have the willpower to not indulge and eat those items, why even tempt yourself? Make it easy on yourself from the beginning and give ’em the boot!
- Give yourself a reward. If you are like me, you love a reward or recognition for hitting a goal. Give yourself sometime to aim towards. Are you wanting a new furniture? TV? Vacation? Set that goal and plan out what you need to achieve to get there.
- Celebrate each and every win. Yes, every mini-win, huge win…doesn’t matter. Did you say no to that extra piece of chocolate? Celebrate. Did you stop stressing over something to improve your mental health? Give yourself a high-five. Did you run an extra 5 minutes on the treadmill? Shout it from the rooftops. If it was easy to be healthy, we wouldn’t live in a world full of people with weight issues or be around people who are unable to find ways to de-stress.
- Pick a partner. Do you have a friend or family member who is wanting to get a jump-start on their health for the year as well? Awesome. Be each other’s accountability partners! You don’t have to work out together or anything like that but just be a voice that helps each other stay on track. Don’t feel motivated to stay on track for the day? Pick up the phone and call your partner. Let them help you find that motivation.
Happy New You!
The new year is full of ways to start off on the healthy train. Whether it be physical health, mental health, emotional help or help maintaining or losing weight, these 5 tips can help you jump-start your journey to accomplishing all of those goals. Just keep in mind, that as with any journey, there may be times that are much tougher than others. Your day-to-day life may throw a few curve-balls along the way, and that’s okay. Be prepared to step back from the “plate”, and refocus. In life, you don’t lose – you learn. Make 2018 your best year yet by getting a jump-start on your health!
Here’s a book I bought at a wellness convention last year titled, JOYOUS DETOX. It delivers a great plan of action and cookbook to help with eating healthy. Plus, I met the author and she’s just wonderful!
I hope you enjoyed these 5 ways to jumpstart your health. Is there anything here that you will do first?
If you’re here that means your health is important. Here are 20 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes for you!