For a better you this spring follow these 8 Tips for a Simple and Affordable Spring Detox. You’ll feel much better!
Time to get moving ladies!! Spring is officially here and that means beautiful weather is upon us and bikini season is near (well…maybe for some of us). How about a body detox to help you get going? I’m not an expert by far on this subject, but I do always try to find helpful information for my readers and myself to live a healthy and fresh life. I WILL be doing this too. I don’t publish anything that I would not do myself…and that’s a promise!
8 Tips for a Simple and Affordable Spring Detox
- Drink lots of water – we know this…but do we do it? Start each day with a glass of room temperature water with a lemon. This will help clean out the liver and prepare your system for digestion, and hydrate your body.
- Eat only 3 meals a day. Yep, that’s right – our bodies need the rest between meals. While detoxing eat healthy meals with greens, garlic, grapefruit, avocado, beets, carrots, etc.
- Avoid gluten, dairy, sugar and other processed foods. Ladies, it’s time to stay away from those fast food places for a while.
- Eat a light dinner…EARLY in the evening is best. No eating after 7pm.
- SWEAT. Ouch this one hits me hard b/c I don’t like to exercise. But hey, if you don’t like to exercise here’s two other ways to get your body heated up. Relax in a sauna or take a warm bath with Epsom Salt. A good sweat is a great way to rid your body of toxins.
- Take deep breaths. I learned this from a friend of mine, and heard it again in my yoga class. Breathe deep, hold, breathe out slowly. Also breathe using your abdomen and not moving your shoulders.
- Go night night early. Get at least 9 hours of sleep.
- Do all the above for at least 10 days or more.
Okay, so who’s with me? I would LOVE a partner or two to hold me accountable. Seriously, if you want to do this body detox, let me know in the comments here and I’ll contact you. Make sure you leave an email address!!
Here’s a smoothie that goes right along with your spring detox – COCONUT – MANGO HEALTHY SMOOTHIE (DAIRY-FREE)