While this information was originally for men, I found it to be very helpful to all. A good meaning for clean eating is meant to only inspire you. It’s hard to eat this way all the time….or is it?
A Good Meaning for Clean Eating
Clean Eating is:
- Choosing foods in their purest state, like a piece of fruit.
- Minimizing the use of processed foods. If you can’t pronounce an ingredient on the label, you should probably think twice about choosing it to fuel your body.
- Eating foods at their peak season, such as strawberries in June.
- Preparing foods after you shop to have a supply of healthy food ready for eating or snacking.
- Adding a mix of lean proteins, complex carbs, and healthy fats.
- Swapping animal fats, like butter and cheese, for healthier unsaturated fats from plant foods, like nuts, avocados, and olive oil.
- Eating out less and cooking more at home using fresh ingredients. Try boosting flavor with herbs and spices rather than salt.
- Drinking more water. Water is vital for the function of every organ system, helping to circulate oxygen and whisk away toxins. If you’re not a fan of plain water, try a squirt of lemon to add flavor.
- Balancing your budget. Fresh and healthy doesn’t have to cost more. Focus on finding seasonal and locally grown foods.
- Embracing whole grains. Eating more whole grains reduces your risk of cardiovascular, infectious and respiratory diseases. Try eating a new-to-you grain, such as quinoa, barley, millet or wild rice, each week.