Fall is in the air and it’s apple season! The best season of the year for baking if you ask me. Here is an easy apple pull-apart bread recipe to get you started on your fall baking.
I typically make my dough from scratch but this time I was in a hurry to make something for my son’s teacher, so I used refrigerated biscuits. Nevertheless, I believe this recipe is to die for!!
Apple Pull-Apart Bread
- 2 cans Grands flakey refrigerated biscuits
- 4 gala apples, diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add diced apples, sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and all seasonings to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stirring occasionally, until apples have browned and softened and sauce is thick.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Begin to peel each biscuit by its layers. Goal is to make 16 biscuit halves.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the apple filling onto each biscuit piece.
- Stack the biscuit pieces on top of one another to form, about 4-5 in a stack.
- Place stacks in the loaf pan with the biscuit on its side without apple filling touching the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Now remove the foil and bake until golden brown about 5-8 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let loaf cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- After the 5 minutes remove the loaf from the pan.
Prepare the icing.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and half and half, adding more if necessary to reach the desired consistency.
- Add the vanilla and whisk again.
- Drizzle liberally over loaf.
This may be the best Apple Pull-Apart Bread you’ve every made!!