This tasty soup with just the right seasoning will have your whole family wanting more. Easy to make and in minutes, you’ll have a wonderful one pot meal. Check out my Chicken Taco Soup Slow Cooker Recipe below.
I’m always on the look out for easy and tasty meals that my family of three will love. This is a favorite of ours.
Chicken Taco Soup Slow Cooker Recipe
Derived from a recipe at Taste of Home online, but made my way!!
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp of Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup water
- DIY taco seasoning from Mainly Homemade’s Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
- 32 oz can of tomato sauce
- 16 oz jar of mild salsa
- 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.25 oz) Wild Oats Market Place Organic Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese (enough for each bowl)
- Sour cream for each bowl
- 1/2 avocado for each bowl
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Add water and taco seasoning; simmer uncovered until chicken is well coated. This doesn’t take long.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, beans, and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until heated through.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and a few slices of avocado.
There you go – a very easy and not a time-consuming recipe at all! Perfect for dinner tonight – Enjoy!
So, what’s cookin’ in your slow cooker this week?