This tasty soup with just the right seasoning will have your whole family loving it. Easy to make and in minutes, you’ll have a wonderful one pot meal. I’m starting to cook more, and am always on the look out for easy and tasty meals that my family of three will love. This is a good one. Be sure to see where I got my taco seasoning from!!
Chicken Taco Soup Slow Cooker Recipe
derived from a recipe at Taste of Home online, but made my way!!
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp of Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup water
- DIY taco seasoning from Mainly Homemade’s Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
- 1 can (32 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (16 oz) mild salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.25 oz) Wild Oats Market Place Organic Whole Kernel Corn, drained (Walmart)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (enough for each bowl)
- Sour cream for each bowl
- 1 avocado for each bowl
Amy at Mainly Homemade perfected the best taco seasoning using spices she already had in her kitchen – chances are, you probably do too. It’s truly yummy. Click above or on photo to get the recipe.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer uncovered until chicken is well coated. This doesn’t take long.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomato sauce, beans, and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until heated through.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and a few slices of avocado.
A very easy and not time-consuming at all recipe! Enjoy!!
So, what’s cookin’ in your slow cooker this week?