When you want to serve your child a clean dessert, you whip out these clean eating banana strawberry ice pops. It’s sure to make their summertime grand.
I have a picky eater who will not drink almond milk, but he will never know that’s what I used to make these clean eating ice pops. He loves these…heck, I love these. Bananas and strawberries combined are a win-win in my house, and when put into ice pops, it’s even a better win. I love it when I make something healthy and my son eats it. Serve ’em up for breakfast too.
Banana Strawberry Ice Pops
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 TBS Chia seeds
- a dash or two of cinnamon
- 1 TBS honey (optional)
How to make:
- In a blender combine 1 cup almond milk, banana, chia seeds & cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Pour this banana mixture half way into each popsicle mold and place in freezer for an hour.
- When an hour is up, combine the other cup of almond milk, strawberries and honey if using (I did not end up using honey) and blend until smooth.
- Remove ice pops from freezer and pour the strawberry mixture on top in each mold.
- Gently push popsicle sticks in middle of each popsicle mold.
- Freeze 4 hrs or so before serving.
This is a snack you’ll want to make over and over again, so be sure to pick up lots of bananas and strawberries. Looks like I left out the chia seeds and cinnamon in the ingredient’s photo, but these two are important nutrients for healthy snacking.
That’s a smile of one happy boy. He keeps asking for these banana strawberry ice pops, so naturally, I’ll be making them again. Give ’em a try!!
Not just for summer….and certainly not just for kids….you’ll enjoy them too!!!