To love chocolate is an understatement. Have you tried it grain-free yet? See my Decadent Grain-Free Chocolate Brownies Recipe below.
Another awesome dessert recipe I stole from my Practical Paleo recipe book that my husband bought me for Christmas. I did tweak it a little, as I always do. The original recipe called from bacon and even had the word bacon in the title. I did not want to add bacon to mine. That’s just on tweak I did.
Decadent Grain-Free Chocolate Brownies Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 4 oz dark chocolate* (I like to use 70% cacao or higher)
- 1/2 cup butter* – the good kind like Kerrygold
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBL unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 TBL strong coffee
- 2 TBL fine coffee grounds
- Walnuts (optional)
- Medium or large bowl, sifter, 9 x 9″ sq. pan, parchment paper
*melted and cooled
- In a med. or large bowl (not a sauce pan like I used), combine melted and cooled dark chocolate and butter, and the pure maple syrup, and eggs.
- Slowly sift the cocoa powder over the wet ingredients, mixing it evenly.
- Add the strong coffee and the coffee grounds, and stir until well combined.
- Add in walnuts (1/2 cup) if using them.
- Line a 9 x 9″ square pan with parchment paper, and fill the pan with brownie batter.
- Bake approx. 30 mins. or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Top with walnuts (optional)