Kids bored this summer? Not anymore! Get out your crafty supplies and help them make these DIY Kid’s Natural Hand Soap Balls. They’ll stay clean all summer!!
Okay, I won’t lie, this is messy. Well, it was for us. My son had it everywhere, but you should see him want to wash his hands all the time now. No tell him twice!! There’s something to be said about making your own stuff…and that goes for kids and adults alike!
This will be the easiest all natural craft you’ve every made…if you can get through the messy part, you’ll have it made!!
DIY Kid’s Natural Hand Soap Balls
Yields: A lot of mini balls!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/8 cup of pure castile soap
- 4 teaspoons of sweet almond oil
- a few drops of food coloring (optional, and we did not use)
- wax paper
- Measure and dump ingredients into a bowl. If using food coloring, use separate bowls.
- Mix ingredients with a spoon until all clumps are gone and the mixture is smooth.
- Dump the mixture from the bowl onto a clean surface (such as a kitchen counter) and cover with wax paper.
- Knead the soap until it is completely smooth and no longer sticky. We rolled ours in a ball.
- Mold into tiny balls and use one at the sink immediately – no really – do it!!
Note – The balls we made are really too big. Make yours smaller and you’ll have tons of them.
My son couldn’t wait to take his nightly bath…and guess what he used as soap – It’s a win-win in my house!!
Enjoy these kid’s natural hand soap balls!
Here are two DIY Bubble Bath recipes that have been very popular over the years