Old London has done it again with their delicious Melba Toasts. Here’s some healthy, tasty, smart holiday appetizers for your guests.
Everyone’s heard of Melba Toasts – they’ve been around for years! They’ve got a new look and a few new flavors. Old London Melba Toasts wants you to serve up some healthy, tasty, and smart holiday appetizers this year to your guests. It’s a great way to provide alternatives to the white flour-based breads we so often fix. I think that’s a great idea!!!
Healthy, Tasty, Smart Holiday Appetizers for Your Guests
I know when I have guests over (mostly my family), they seem to be hungry the minute they get there. My husband and I like to prepare light snacks for them to munch on so they won’t bother him in the kitchen by trying to taste of the good food he’s preparing….another great idea!!!
Did you know…Old London carries more than 20 varieties of Melba Toasts (the original), Snacks (rounds), and Bagel Chips. Twice-baked for a delicious crunch, made with all-natural ingredients and with only 60 calories per serving, Melba Toasts and Snacks are the smarter choice for snacking. Most varieties have 0 grams of fat per serving.
Cheesy Quesadilla Dippers
A delicious quesadilla made with healthy ingredients, including Melba Whole Grain snacks. Monterey Jack cheese and Guacamole.
- 1 box Old London® Whole Grain Melba Snacks
- 2 cups Monterey Jack
- 1 cup cooked corn (drained well and pureed in food processor)
- 1 bunch scallions (chopped)
- guacamole, mild tomato salsa, fat-free refried beans, and low-fat sour cream as dips.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange half a box of Melba Snacks Whole Grain on a large baking sheet. Divide the Monterey Jack, corn puree, and the scallions evenly among them. Top the mixture with remaining Melba Snacks. Bake the quesadillas until cheese melts.Serve the quesadillas with the guacamole, salsa, refried beans, and sour cream.
A delicious garden-style chicken salad great for luncheons, guests, or any occasion.
- 2 or 3 large chicken breasts (fully cooked, and roughly chopped (or 3 5-oz. cans of premium chunk chicken breast meat in water))
- 1.25 Tbsp. Bermuda onion (red onion) (finely diced)
- 2 or 3 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 2 celery stalks (finely diced)
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powdersalt and pepper for taste
- Old London ® Whole Grain Melba Toast
Combine the above ingredients and spoon onto Melba Whole Grain Toasts. Garnish with celery leaves. For extra flare, add a dash of curry powder or parmesan cheese. Keep chilled until ready to eat.