I’m a Soccer Mom: My Story
Here I am in my 50’s; a Wife, Mom, Nana, and—unexpectedly—a “Mommie Again” to our youngest grandson. Even though I am his grandmother, I am “Mommie” to him. He does not know his biological mother and will never know his father.
How I Went From Grandma to Mom
grandson while in my 50′s, and experiencing the vagaries of menopause.
Menopause and Motherhood At 50+
Gaining A Son, Losing A Son
|Me, Johnny (my son), his two oldest boys when they were younger|
So, here’s to plenty more of soccer games and what ever else we find for this kid to do. After all, keeping kids busy is the key to happiness!
Coping Tips: Motherhood Over 50 & Menopause
- Take time to relax – spend a weekend alone or
with girlfriends—it does do you good.
- Talk to your spouse – tell him what’s going on
in your body and ask him for help with the little one.
- When hot flashes arise…stay out of the kitchen!!
No, really—if you must take your clothes off go in another room OR make a joke
about it…just try keep it simple.
- When your emotions get out of hand (and they
will), just remember to breathe deeply and count to 15. It does work!
- Find a relaxation exercise. Yoga is great!
- And…don’t forget to keep yourself looking nice. Looking your best will make you feel better.
- Journal your feelings.
Thank you for visiting. I’m a Soccer Mom: My Story is sad, but is meant for encouragement to anyone who has gone through what I have. Please contact me to talk.
>>>Insert>>>Look at him now!! We Have a Tiger Cub in Our House