About three months ago I decided to buy a GoodNites TruFit Starter Pack because I was tired of buying nighttime pull-ups all the time and figured I could save money by purchasing underwear that I could reuse. GoodNites are real underwear with removable inserts. They hold up very well and look very similar to the underwear Brody wears during the day. I couldn’t believe how he took to them so easily. He loves them, he only wishes they came in orange – which is his favorite color!!
Keep Kids Confident in GoodNites TruFit Underwear
Brody’s a confident kid in and out of his GoodNites underwear. Now, if he’s still wetting the bed next year at this time, we may have a bit of a challenge! But it’s great to know there is underwear that’s discreet for older kids who are still wetting the bed at night.
I did some research on bedwetting in older kids and found that wetting the bed at night is not the child’s fault at all. As a matter of fact, it’s estimated that 1 in 6 children between the ages of 4-12 in the U.S. suffers from bedwetting? My 7-year-old grandson still wets at night. When he comes to visit, he likes to wear Brody’s GoodNites and not the pull-ups his Nana packs for him. They look like real underwear…just ask Brody!!
I’m not a mom who likes to wash sheets all the time, so I’ve never put Brody to bed without protection. He doesn’t always wet at night, but at least we have clean sheets every night. I’m sure I’ve already spent thousands on nighttime protection, but I like what GoodNites have to offer. You’ll buy the GoodNites TruFit Starter Pack once (which includes 2 pairs of underwear and 5 removable inserts), then all you have to buy is the refill pack (pictured below).
Tips from a Mommy who has been using GoodNites TruFit for a while!!
- Before placing underwear in the drawer, insert the pad in the underwear so that way it’s ready to be put on when you need it.
- Pads may look too big when inserting them, but trust me they fit snug and that’s how you will want them to fit.
- Here’s a tip not every parent might want to do – but I do reuse the pad if Brody doesn’t wet in it.
- Start your child in GoodNites TruFitUnderwear when they are young so it won’t be a big deal if they still need to wear them when they are 7 or 8.
- Don’t make a big deal about bedwetting at night. It might just make matters worse and prolong the wetting.
- Have your child take out the wet pad himself and put it in the trash. If he’s young like mine, tell him that he’s a big boy for doing so.
- Don’t feed kids foods at night that make them thirsty. Salty foods make my son very thirsty!!
- Don’t rush it…AND…it’s okay that older children wet the bed at night…you’re not alone at all.
- You CAN Keep Kids Confident in GoodNites TruFit Underwear!
This starter kit can be purchased at your nearest CVS store and also on Amazon (link provided in this post).
I also wrote a post on TIPS FOR MANAGING NIGHTTIME BEDWETTING IN OLDER KIDS which includes information about GoodNites Bedtime Disposable Pants that are really handy when on the go.