Okay, so I got my inspiration for wanting to try a juice cleanse from a local health food restaurant. I love their healthy menu and thought I was doing great ordering healthy sandwiches, carrot sticks and drinking water, right? Well, every time I go in there someone orders a Juice of many different kinds. So now I’m intrigued about learning more about these juice drinks.
I pick up a pamphlet about their 3-day juice cleanse and take it home to show my husband. What do I get….a laugh and a “you can do it, I’m not going to…that’s a little expensive, isn’t it?” “Oh hush”, I say. Next day…what do I do? I go buy my own juicer and I will make my own!
My First Attempt to Juicing!
Today’s the day – I made my first juice. Everything you see in the photo above went into my juicer. I call it my “Green n’ Oh So Sweet” juice.
Here’s exactly what I used:
- 1 bunch Kale
- small bunch Spinach (maybe 3 cups)
- 2 Apples
- 5 Clementines
1 bunch of Kale made this much juice (first photo) – not much, uh? The next photo is after juicing the fruits. The spinach didn’t make but about 2 oz. That’s why it’s oh so sweet!!! Well, from the 3rd photo down, you’ll see a mess to clean up. Yep, cleaning up afterward is not everyone’s favorite. I heard that from two people already.
My thoughts on my first attempt to juicing!
- It’s healthy of course
- Time consuming
- Clean up is messy
- Left-overs can be used as compost 🙂
- It’s an expensive way to detox your body if buying from an establishment
- Do it yourself and save a bit
- There’s lot of recipes out there to use
- I did feel bloated after only drinking 3 oz. (drink slow)
- My husband will no way do this with me
- You will get the toots and burps (or I did)
- It’s definitely a great way to get your greens for the day
- Make up your own recipes (I did on this one)
- Juicing 6 times a day for 3 days is a little overwhelming to me, so for right now, I’m going to just drink a juice every other day to see how I feel afterward.
On another note: I bought a Black and Decker Juicer (Amazon affiliate line). It juiced up well, but the handles to lock the machine in place were tough to close. So, when I was cleaning it up, both handles broke. I probably just got a hold of a bad one.