My husband stumbled on this recipe and knew I would love it. This healthy jam recipe is sugar-free, pectin-free, gluten-free and will be the easiest healthiest jam you’ve ever made…AND the one you will want to keep in your refrigerator at all times! Blueberries are out now, so go get you some and make this awesome jam. A great healthy jam everyone can enjoy!
RAW BLUEBERRY JAM
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp of raw honey
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds (buy at health food store or online)*
- 4 Tbsp fresh clean water
*Not familiar with chia seeds? They are considered one of the “healthy fats” and a superfood. Very powerful in omega fats, protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. If you eat flax seed, you might want to switch!
- Soak the chia seeds in 4 Tbsp of fresh clean water for 10 minutes. The chia seeds turn to gel in the water and this will give the jam the texture it needs.
- Wash the blueberries gently and pull off all stems
- Mix all ingredients together in blender for 3 minutes
- Pour into 2 containers with lids. Put one in the refrigerator to enjoy now, and the other in the freezer for later!
How to store:
- Keep Refrigerated: Good for up to 2 weeks
- Keeps 6 months in freezer
It works as a freezer jam, but not for canning. Yields 4 cups.
The uses for this jam are endless. Perfect on toast, on top of fruit, in smoothies, mixed in oatmeal, etc.
I made a healthy dessert with the jam – I put 1 cut up banana in bottom of a bowl, mixed in some jam and topped it with whipping cream and a few fresh blueberries. We loved it…even little one ate it. This is a WINNER in my house. I shall never buy another blueberry jam again!!
Source found at http://www.stepintomygreenworld.com
It’s a win-win when little Brody likes it!
Gluten-Free Recipe Roundup (Desserts)