These yummy popcorn treats are so easy to make, not expensive, and will brighten up even the saddest of faces. My Valentine’s DIY Chocolate Cherry Popcorn Treats will be the hit of the party!
I’ve been given some yummy ingredients from JOLLY TIME Pop Corn to help you make the most of this special “love” day with an easy popcorn recipe. Kids will love it!
Valentine’s DIY Chocolate Cherry Popcorn Treats
- 12 cups (2 bags) popped JOLLY TIME Butter Light (Smart Balanced) Microwave Pop Corn
- 5 oz. bag dried cherries
- 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Extras you’ll need:
- 4″ heart-shaped cookie cutter
- 12 large lollipop sticks
- cellophane bags
- ribbon (note: all Valentine’s decor are 40% off right now at Micheal’s)
- wax paper & baking sheet pan (assemble ahead of time)
- red food coloring (optional)
- After popping popcorn in microwave, mix the popcorn and cherries together in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in large saucepan, then add marshmallows & white chocolate and heat over low heat until melted and smooth. Stir consistently to not allow sticking to pan.
- If using food coloring, stir in a few drop now to tint the mixture pink.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn; toss gently until well coated. You may want to butter up your hands to thoroughly mix it.
- Place heart-shaped cookie cutter on baking sheet covered with wax paper and with buttery hands press mixture into the cookie cutter. Insert a stick of your choice in the base of each heart.
- Allow popcorn hearts to cool completely. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate. I melted mine in the microwave for about 2 mins. (but check after 1 min.)
- Drizzle chocolate over hearts. Allow to harden
- Wrap popcorn hearts in cellophane and tie with ribbon
Makes 12 (if you don’t eat any popcorn mixture while making them…hahaha) Seriously, these are so good and addicting….you’ll want to eat the whole thing before the hearts are complete!!!
I Like You
Valentine, I like you;
I’m glad that you’re my friend;
We have lots of fun together,
We are a perfect blend!
For more Valentine inspiration, crafts and food here on my blog, click here. Be sure to pick up some JOLLY TIME Pop Corn for all your Valentine’s Day treats!!