Hopefully, you’re already cooking with extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). But why choose European EVOO? With the Flavor Your Life campaign in full swing, you’ll want to read this article in full to know why Europeon EVOO just might be your choice for the kitchen. I received this product (kit) for free from Moms Meet, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.
My husband and I use only the top-quality oils to cook with. The information I found on European EVOO’s is outstanding and is worth buying. Afterall….isn’t Europe famous for their olive trees? Read and see.
About Flavor Your Life’s Campaign/Mission
The Flavor Your Life campaign, supported by the European Union, Unaprol, and the Italian Ministry of Agriculture, is dedicated to providing the latest in industry news on European Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
About Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Uses the freshest and most healthiest part of the olive.
- The finest and purest Extra Virgin Olive Oil is cold pressed with no chemicals used.
- Look for acidity use of 0.8% or below. None at all is best.
- EVOO should not be exposed to heat, oxygen, or light.
- EVOO is the healthiest fat on earth because of its fatty acids and antioxidants it provides.
- It must past a panel of expert taster’s strict policy. If it doesn’t have the fruity taste and the correct balance, it won’t pass as extra virgin.
- Store oil in a dark cool pantry away from heat and light.
- For best result, consume oil within 6 months from opening. Store away from the stove.
Why Choose European?
- In order to make a high-quality tasting olive oil, the soil and climate must be perfect at time of harvest, and the best olive trees must be used. Europe is known to have both.
- European EVOO leads the way in the production of oils.
- Europe offers a variety of oils, such as Spanish, French, Italian, and Greek.
- The country has a strict olive oil policy and high regulations.
- They know a thing or two about olive oil because that’s where they come from.
- Europeans has a deep respect for the olive tree and their production of olive oils.
What to look for in stores when choosing an European EVOO
- Look for the country of origin on the label.
- Look for this label – PDO (Protected Designation of Origin)
- Look for the best buy date. Make sure the bottle is not out of date.
- Look for dark bottles.
- If needed, ask a store clerk what the best European EVOO they offer.
Not sure about you, but I’ll be looking mighty closer to the EVOO’s I choose from now on. I would like to add that it’s possible that a good or high-quality European EVOO will only be sold at stores that offer high-quality, healthy products, such as Whole Foods, Central Market, Sprouts to name a few. That’s just my thought. What do you think?