Get your crafty gloves on because I’v got 10 DIY Bath & Body Products using Coconut Oil to share with you.
Don’t go all crazy and buy a bunch of bath & body when you can make your own for half the cost. Coconut oil is not just for baking and cooking, it’s got many talents and is just waiting for you to use it on your body and in your bath!!
10 DIY Bath & Body Products using Coconut Oil
- Add a dab to your face moisturizer day and night
- Make a wonderful soothing coconut body scrub
- Rub on your cuticles at night
- Combine coconut oil and peppermint essential oil and rub on bottom of rough feet, then put on socks and crawl in bed
- Make your own natural toothpaste
- Apply topically to stretch marks
- Makes a great eye makeup remover
- DIY hand and body lotion – a list from pinterest
- Try applying to a sunburn w/a little lavender EO
- Here’s an Oatmeal & Wild Orange Sea Salt body scrub I made with coconut oil
Plus 4 Food related ideas to do with coconut oil:
- Add a tablespoon to your morning smoothie.
- Bake healthy Gluten-Free muffins and cupcakes. Many recipes call for oil – why not use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil?
- Cook with it for an excellent source of healthy fats.
- Just eat it! A tablespoon a day may help with digestion.
Just be sure to choose a good grade coconut oil like Nutiva or Dr. Bonner’s. Look for these at Whole Foods, Central Market, Sprouts or the like. I think you’ll be very pleased. Most DIY products last for a long time.