I have discovered more products that we use every day that can be made at home. Get your crafty gloves on because I’ve got 10 DIY Products using Coconut Oil to share with you.
Don’t go all crazy and buy a bunch of bath & body products when you can make your own for half the cost right in the comfort of your home. Coconut oil is not just for baking and cooking anymore; it’s got many talents and is just waiting for you to use it on your body and in your bath!!
10 DIY Products using Coconut Oil
- Add a dab to your face moisturizer day and night
- Make a fantastic soothing coconut body scrub
- Rub on your cuticles at night
- Combine coconut oil and peppermint essential oil and rub on the bottom of rough feet, then put on socks and crawl into bed
- Make your own natural toothpaste
- Apply topically to stretch marks
- Makes a great eye makeup remover
- The perfect hand and body lotion – mix coconut oil in with your body lotion for an extra smooth touch
- Try applying to a sunburn w/a little lavender EO
- Here’s an Oatmeal & Wild Orange Sea Salt body scrub I made with coconut oil
Four food-related ideas with coconut oil:
- Add a tablespoon to your morning smoothie.
- Bake healthy Gluten-Free muffins and cupcakes. Many recipes call for oil – why not use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil?
- Cook with it for an excellent source of healthy fats.
- Just eat it! A tablespoon a day may help with digestion.
Be sure to choose a suitable grade coconut oil like Nutiva or Dr. Bronner’s. Look for these at Whole Foods, Central Market, Sprouts, or the like. I think you’ll be very pleased. Most DIY products last for a long time.