I’ve spent many years thinking I was gluten sensitive. I even went on a gluten-free diet and felt much better. Maybe you have too. Read these 10 signs you are gluten intolerant to see if perhaps you might be sensitive to gluten or not.
Many people suffer from Celiac disease and don’t know it. You either must have a good doctor that knows about it or you will need to pay the money for a gluten-free test. Be sure your doctor knows your true symptoms.
10 Signs you are Gluten Intolerant
According to Dr. Amy Myers
- Digestive issues such as gas, bloating, diarrhea, and even constipation.
- Keratosis pilaris, also known as “chicken skin” on the back of your arms. This tends to be as a result of a fatty acid deficiency and vitamin A deficiency secondary to fat-malabsorption caused by gluten damaging the gut.
- Fatigue, brain fog, or feeling tired after eating a meal that contains gluten.
- Diagnosis of an autoimmune disease such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, lupus, psoriasis, scleroderma or multiple sclerosis.
- Neurologic symptoms such as dizziness or feeling of being off-balance.
- Hormone imbalances such as PMS, PCOS, or unexplained infertility.
- Migraine headaches.
- Diagnosis of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. These diagnoses simply indicate your conventional doctor cannot pinpoint the cause of your fatigue or pain.
- Inflammation, swelling or pain in your joints such as fingers, knees, or hips.
- Mood issues such as anxiety, depression, mood swings, and ADD.
There are so many gluten free books on Amazon (my affiliate link) these days, including cookbooks, magazine, and even a gluten-free for dummies that could also be a great reference.
I just want to say that after years of thinking perhaps I was gluten sensitive, I am not. Although I may have most of these symptoms, I finally took the gluten test and I am NOT gluten intolerant or sensitive. Before going gluten-free, may I suggest getting a test done to make sure? Not all gluten-free foods are good for you.
Go here for some super Gluten-Free recipes and more information.