Prepare yourselves ladies because menopause is coming whether you’re ready or not. Here’s 10 signs you are in menopause & 10 helpful tips to deal.
The opinions in this article are my own. I do not work for, or with, any brand mentioned in this article, nor do I have any official relationship with them. I have a relationship with GigaSavvy, for whom has sponsored today’s post.
10 Signs You are in Menopause & 10 Helpful Tips to Deal!
The below signs of menopause or peri-menopause I have myself experienced and something you can look out for. From talking with my friends and my mother not all women have or had signs of menopause. Also, doctors say that a women is in full blown menopause after she has not had a period for 1 full year.
10 Signs You are in Menopause
- Hot flashes, night sweats
- Feeling awful – sluggish, fatigued
- Tears flow more often
- Trouble sleeping through the night
- Periods are unpredictable
- Difficult making sound decisions (more so than before)
- Sore muscles, especially in the neck area and lower back
- The dreaded weight gain no matter how hard you try to lose weight
- Breast tenderness
- Your memory starts to go
There’s more symptoms to watch for. You could “google it” or you could go to Molina Healthcare where you will find important information on women’s wellness, and how to take care of yourself in any situation.
10 Helpful Tips to Deal
- If you haven’t yet, get on supplements, such as Vitamin C, all the B Vitamins and Vitamin D3. I also understand Vit. E is good too. I think I take every supplement I can, and them some.
- Start a yoga class – it helps with the score muscles and your all over health.
- Take MORE time for yourself – get a massage!!
- Breathe deep – with your stomach and not your shoulders – yoga teaches you this. We take our breathing for granted – just make sure you’re doing it correctly. (through the stomach and not with your shoulders).
- Invest in some 100% pure essential oils, such as lemon, lavender, and peppermint. There’s so much that you can do with these three alone. Look up the benefits of each and I bet you’ll find more EO’s that you’ll want to try. I put lemon in my drinking water every day. It helps to clean your insides and flush out toxins.
- Dress in layers ladies!! At home, and out & about – wear a short sleeve shirt and a sweater so you can take that sweater off when a hot flash arrives!!! Seriously.
- If you’re a stay-at-home mom like I am, be sure to dress up every now and them. Put your make up on and go somewhere.
- Do talk with your spouse about it. They do need to know what’s going on and that in time…this too shall pass.
- Read up on menopause and other symptoms you may be experiencing. You could very possibly have other things going on on top of the menopause symptoms. I did, but that’s another blog post.
- LOVE YOURSELF MORE!
Be sure to listen to your body…and do something about it sooner than later. Hope you’ve enjoyed these 10 Signs You are in Menopause & 10 Helpful Tips to Deal!