It’s that time when your kids are wanting to go camping. Here are 12 Backyard Campout Essentials for Kids.
Summer is upon us and so is the heat…but that doesn’t stop our kids from wanting to have fun in their own backyards. My 6 yr old son wants to have a backyard campout but we think he’s too young, so I told him we could pretend. I prepared a list of 12 backyard campout essentials for kids that are old enough to have a backyard campout and for us who one day will have one. Plus I have a Giveaway for an Energizer Price Pack worth $90 that one of my readers will win (see below). This post is sponsored by The Motherhood on behalf of Energizer. I was provided product and compensation to help facilitate my post. All thoughts and opinions are my own unless where mandatory verbiage was needed.
So I buy this brand new tent for my son because I know we will eventually use it for “real” camping. My husband sets it up on the left side of the yard. I wanted to make sure I had all the important essentials in order to make it fun for them, even though it just pretended. I asked my son and his friend to help me come up with a few things that they would want at a campout. The both said popcorn…so that’s a must.
12 Backyard Camping Essentials for Kids
- A tent (if possible have a 2-man tent or an extra one in case a camper you invited doesn’t have one)
- Sleeping bag/pillow (they can always sleep under the stars, right?)
- Bug spray
- A good reliable flashlight for each camper
- Extra Energizer batteries (just in case a camper comes with a nonworking flashlight)
- First-aid kit
- Enough popcorn for each tent
- Water to drink
- Outdoor games
- Ask each camper to bring their favorite stuffed animal, blanket or whatever they sleep with
- A small brush & pail for clean up afterwards…or just let the birds eat the crumbs!!
- Most important…get parents’ phone numbers (in case someone wants to go home) – you never know!
I’m really not sure what the right age is to let kids have a backyard campout, but if I know my son I would also prepare a space for indoor sleeping just in case he and his friend gets scared. But these 12 Backyard Camping Essentials for Kids are perfect for pretend too.
There’s two things I don’t ever like to run out of, and that is batteries and toilet paper! So I make sure I stock up on Energizer batteries and plenty of TP. Energizer being a leader in reliable, responsible, high-performance products will be your best bet for this summer’s activities. Here’s why.
- Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ batteries are the world’s first AA and AAA battery made with four percent recycled batteries.
- Energizer headlights are lightweight, versatile and water-resistant with pivoting functionality to direct light where you need it.
- Energizer area lanterns are the safe, reliable way to provide bright 360° light long into the night, at the campfire, or while weathering a storm.
Energizer® Vision HD+ Focus LED Headlight is the highest performing of the Energizer vision headlights having 250-lumen output, and beam distance of 80M. It can also be customized to the desired width. It’s water and impact resistant, and that’s a good thing if your kid is wearing it!! We also find out it can be switched to a red light which my son thought was pretty cool.
My husband is all over the Energizer® Fusion LED Folding Lantern. I don’t always get products to review that he can use, but this time I did. With its 330 lumen output, he’ll be taking this on hunting and fishing trips. He already told me after this “pretend” campout he was hiding it from the little one!! The lantern is very sturdy when using the stand on the back, and it can fold up to deliver bright uniform light on any area. Having these two Energizer lighting products on-hand our little campers will have no problem finding their way back to the tent after playing outdoor games.
Giveaway is now over.
This giveaway starts when posted and will end on August 5th. One winner will win the Energizer Prize Pack that’s shown above and listed below. I will choose a winner via Random.org and will contact the winner via email. R/C usually has your email, please make sure it’s updated and don’t forget to check your spam folder. I’ll need winner’s name and full mailing address to give to sponsor. Winner – please get back to me asap (w/in 24 hrs). Anyone 18 years and older may enter. Simply enter the form below. Good luck!! Forever Green Mom is not responsible for the delivery of the prize – that would be the sponsor’s responsibility.
The Prize Pack includes:
- One Energizer® Fusion LED Folding Lantern
- One Energizer® Vision HD + Focus LED Headlight
- Two packs of Energizer® EcoAdvanced® AA and AAA Batteries