Your family is continuously getting sick; giving it to everyone in the house and you can’t seem to get everyone well. Is this you? If so – a Home Detox may be in order. Here are 15 ways to give your home a detox clean.
15 Ways to Give your Home a Detox Clean
Get out the white vinegar people. Buy a gallon of it. It’s going to help get your home in tip-top shape so you and your family can get well and stay well. Have you ever given your home a detox? I don’t mean a spring clean or a deep clean. I’m talking about a clean that takes away those awful germs once and for all!
I wanted to write about this because it seems like everyone around us is getting sick. And when they do, they hand it off to someone else in their household. My grandkids for instance – seems like there’s always someone getting sick and it just spreads on to the next person. Brody started Kindergarten this year, and just about every kid in his classroom has been ill at least two times already. Brody, (knock on wood) has yet to be sick.
So, we are either lucky that Brody hasn’t gotten sick yet because Lord knows there are lots of germs going around in that Kindergarten room, or can I say that I pride myself for keeping a clean home? Now, my house may be cluttered at times, but it’s clean. I try to clean something every day.
A Home Detox may be in order if someone in your household keeps getting sick over and over again.
I don’t mean to sound like June Cleaver with her spot clean home…because I’m not – right now my window seals and blinds are filthy. I also need to clean my baseboards. For Christmas, I gave my husband a high-quality air purifier for our bedroom, and we love it. I want one now for the den. I do recommend getting one for every household.
15 Ways to Give your Home a Detox Clean
This list might be overwhelming, so take your time and do 1 or 2 a day until you’ve completed the list. Trust me; it’s a chore.
- Air out your house – open the windows if it’s not too cold outside. Do this right now only if your household keeps getting sick otherwise, skip it if it’s too cold out.
- Start in the kitchen – clean the outside of your cabinets, microwave, frig, dishwasher – everything – we touch these every day, so germs are being left daily.
- Windows – Inside and out. I get mine professionally cleaned. It doesn’t as much as you might think. I believe I can do my whole house for $100. I do have a small house though.
- Curtains and Blinds – wash/clean
- Clean the A/C vents – I also have a huge A/C vent in my hallway, and I took that sucker off and cleaned it good in the kitchen sink.
- Clean your toilets with bleach. At night, pour a glass of white vinegar into your toilet. Scrub. Leave in until morning OR if stubborn stains are still there, clean with bleach – that will surely work.
- Clean the inside of your washing machine. Pour a glass of white vinegar and a little bleach (if you want) into your washing machine and run a complete cycle. Don’t forget to clean the outside too, and while you’re at it, clean the outside of the dryer and vents in the back.
- Clean your cleaning supplies and the area where you store them.
- Don’t forget the doorknobs! We touch these multiple times a day. While you’re at it – wipe down switch plates and All knobs you touch every day.
- Change bedding NOW and more often. Includes pillows, comforter, etc.
- Clean and disinfect all indoor garbage cans.
- Clean and clean often all cell phones & home phones – especially teenagers’ phones
- Look for cobwebs hidden in the corners of your house and whack ’em.
- Clean your baseboards good.
- Clean your fans too!!
The above is (in my opinion) is a detox clean. However, some of these chores I do every day or every week. I pretty much clean my kitchen and bathrooms every day. I’m always wiping something down. Hope these 15 Ways to Give your Home a Detox Clean helps you tackle your cleaning efforts.
Here’s an important tip. Be sure you are giving your school-age children an excellent daily vitamin that is free of gluten, GMO’s, soy and the obvious – preservatives. You may have to go to a health food store to find them.