I was given product to facilitate giveaway – no other compensation was given
Includes the following:
- Variety of Balance Bars – Dark Chocolate Peanut, Dark Chocolate Crunch and Dark Chocolate Coconut (15 bars)
- JR Watkins White Tea & Bamboo All Purpose Cleaner and JR Watkins Hand Soap
Hey all you health nuts out there – you will not want to miss this chance to win all these goodies from Balance Bar & JR Watkins. I’ve had the pleasure of trying all three of these bars and I can tell you that it’s just too hard to pick a favorite. I love love the fact that they are Gluten-Free and are packed with protein and are delicious…and I mean totally delish! I would say an awesome pick for breakfast and in the mid afternoon! The J.R. Watkins cleaning and hand soap smell so delightful!!
Below are some great tips for spring cleaning from registered dietician, Sharon Ritchter. Also, be sure to read below about the Twitter chat she will be involved with later this month. On behalf of Sharon & Balance Bar we would love to see you all there!!
- Make sure you have plenty of portion controlled snacks readily available and at the front of the pantry. You tend to eat more of what is eye-level or easily accessible.
- Hide the higher calorie desserts such as ice cream far back in the freezer. Keep healthier choices in the front such as all fruit ice pop or yogurt desserts. Freeze a Dark Chocolate Balance Bar then cut it up and sprinkle on top of your frozen yogurt.
- We all have had those insane days when there is no time to eat. Instead of reaching for something quick that is unhealthy, keep a stash of protein and fiber rich foods so you don’t end up at the drive through or vending machine. Some ideas are Balance Bars, nuts and even jerky, all travel well and can be portion controlled.
Richter is a Registered Dietitian who has established a private
nutrition practice in Manhattan over the past ten years. Her objective
is to help others achieve
a healthier lifestyle by creating incremental goals that are both
physically and mentally challenging and most importantly; achievable.
Understanding the importance of nutritional education within the
community, Sharon works closely with Wellness In The Schools
(WITS), the Challenged Athletes Foundation and also sits on the board
for Healthination and Sports For Youth, and Fitist.