All-Natural Insect Repellent Recipe:
- small spray bottle
- funnel (optional)
- 50-75+ drops (total) of essential oils (cinnamon, lemon, orange, rose geranium, eucalyptus, lavender, tree tea)
- 3 tablespoons carrier oil (olive, sunflower oil, etc.)
- 5 tablespoons witch hazel (avail. at Walmart in the pharmacy section or at drugstore)
Different oils repel different bugs, so it’s best to use a combination of essential oils to ward off several types of insects.
- cinnamon oil (mosquitoes)
- lemon eucalyptus or regular eucalyptus oil (mosquitoes, ticks, and lice)
- orange oil (fleas)
- rose geranium (ticks and lice)
Mix carrier liquids first, then add essential oils. I used a mixture of the above to mine. I used over 20 drops of cinnamon as this is a fragrance oil and is the least expensive oil of all the ones I have on hand.
Don’t forget…You’ll need to re-apply this natural product after about an hour or after swimming or exercise. Be sure to shake bottle before each use. Enjoy your spring and summer…outdoors!