Inspired by Brody’s week at nature camp last week, I decided to make some more dirt dough. There’s many diy’s on play dough, but not sure there’s any that adds coffee grounds. This is such a cool idea …and it smells good too. Try adding flavored coffee grounds for even a better smelling dough.
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- coffee grounds
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of coffee liquid (optional, if needed)
- In bowl, mix water, salt, oil.
- Gradually add flour and cornstarch until the mixture reaches the consistency of bread dough.
- Knead with hands – that’s the fun part!
- Add coffee grounds to your liking to form the dirt-like dough. I used 2 K-cups of grounds.
- Add liquid from coffee if needed, otherwise add a bit more water if needed.
- Play hard. Have fun.
- Store covered in a zip lock bag.
Get kids involved!