Kids will soon be back in school if not already and will settle into their new classrooms with their new teachers with their new routine…and hopefully everything is going great. That’s our hopes anyway, right? It’s our first year in school so I’m a little rusty on what to expect…but of course hoping for the best with my little one here. I’ve signed up for PTA and will help in his classroom whenever I’m needed. So what’s next?
School Pictures…that’s what!!
Just around the corner we will be preparing for those cute school pictures, from finding the right outfits to wear to making sure our kiddos smile big…right? I’m one mom who is holding my breath to make sure my little one’s school picture comes out looking decent since he likes to be all goofy in front of the camera….and he has to do his own hair every morning, and we never know what it’s going to look like. I also know a few grandparents and great-grandparents who are going to want a picture – so I’d like for it to be a good one!!
Since each student gets only one chance to make it a good one, I’ve come up with some steps to assure that your kids not only take a good picture…but an awesome one!!
10 Steps to Prepare for a Successful School Picture:
- Get your child a professional haircut one week before the picture day.
- Don’t pack chocolate or messy foods in their lunch box just in case their picture time is late in the afternoon.
- Don’t wear white; wear something colorful.
- Tell your child not to play too hard at recess…like that’s going to work…but you could try.
- Tell him or her it’s your turn to fix their hair that morning.
- Remind them that morning to “smile” – that’s very important!!
- Make sure they get a good night’s sleep the night before.
- Wear a plaid shirt with a nice tee-shirt under it.
- Dress them comfortable in a shirt or dress that can’t get wrinkled easily.
- My best advice is to sign up to volunteer on picture day so you can hand-spit their hair down!!