I love a one-bowl meal that’s quick, easy, and healthy, don’t you? My Mean Green Quinoa Bowl Recipe is perfect for one person to enjoy. I think you’ll enjoy this easy recipe enough to make it every week. There’s so many benefits to eating quinoa that I think you’ll be amazed!!
Quinoa + Greens = a healthy meal indeed. There’s something about this combination that’s fit for a king. I just wished I could get my 6 yr old to eat it and to enjoy it. I really want to know how to get kids to enjoy healthy foods every day. Suggestions are welcomed!!!
Quinoa is considered a SUPERFOOD and is known for its nutty flavor. It can be added to so many dishes, either knowingly or inconspicuous. It’s nothing for me to had it my morning oatmeal. I even sneak a little in my son’s oatmeal, and he never knows it’s there. Being one of a few plant foods that are considered as a complete protein, you’ll want to keep quinoa as a staple in your kitchen.
MEAN GREEN QUINOA BOWL FOR ONE
- 1/2 cup cooked Chosen Foods 100% Organic Royal White Quinoa
- 2 tablespoon of Chosen Foods Avocado Oil (divided)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 sm green bell pepper
- 1 cup green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 2 large handfuls of green salad
- 1 sm or 1/2 of a med avocado (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package
- Saute zucchini and green bell pepper in 1 Tbls avocado oil until soft; set aside
- Saute green beans in 1 Tbls of avocado oil until soft, add in salad greens & toss for 1 minute.
- Mix veggies together and add-on top of cooked warmed quinoa
I’ll definitely be on the lookout for more recipes like this one to share with you all. In the meantime, be sure to check out Chosen Foods Quinoa (link above) from more delicious recipes from them.
I am a proud Chosen Food Ambassador. Click on my badge below to learn more about me and other Chosen Food Ambassadors.