Another Gluten-free cookies recipe here. This time, I’m using a zero-calorie, great-tasting, natural sweetness from the Stevia Leaf called Truvia. Have you heard of it? If you like the combination of almonds, oatmeal, and dark chocolate, you’ll LOVE this cookie recipe!!
As a Moms Meet Ambassador, I was selected to sample Truvia Baking Blend and Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, along with Truvia calorie-free sweetener packets. It was easy to say yes to this opportunity since I already use the sweetener my morning coffee. I already know about the great taste! I somewhat followed their cookie recipe they sent along, but of course, I changed up the ingredients…as I sometimes do just to make my recipes a bit healthier. I love doing that!!
Gluten-Free Almond Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies
Ingredients: 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/2 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 3/4 cup almond butter (if using a new jar, you’ll want to stir the almond oil all the way through before using)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2-1/4 gluten-free oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup…or more dark chocolate chunks ( 70% cocoa or higher – the higher cocoa, the better for you)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend melted butter, Truvia Baking Blend and Truvia Brown Sugar Blend in large bowl.
- Add in almond butter, vanilla, and eggs. Mix for about 3 minutes to dissolve Truvia sugar blends.
- Add in sea salt, baking soda, and oatmeal and mix to form a soft gooey dough.
- Stir in walnut pieces and dark chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheet and press to flatten. Bake 9-11 minutes until edges are lightly brown.
- Cool on pan for 2 minutes so cookies can set, then transfer to cooling rack.
Here’s more of my Gluten-Free treats. I mostly bake gluten-free because I really believe it’s better for the digestive system. It is for me anyways. Lately, though, I’ve been reading about cleansing the gut with a grain-free diet, and that includes non-gluten grains. So, go figure!!