When I was 17 years old I bought my first car with the help of my parents. They put down the deposit and I paid the monthly payments. I still remember the amount of those payments. Yep, I paid. $109.56 for four years. My first car was a brand new gorgeous 1978 metallic brown Chevy Camaro, I couldn’t have been prouder of that car…it even had a spoiler…I thought I was cool having that spoiler as an extra add-on.
I kept that Camaro long enough to pay it off. Being a single mother, I loved not having a car payment. I remember doing that twice. Yep, only two 2 times I paid off a car note. The rest of the times, I traded in my vehicles for another one always having a monthly car payment.
Fast forward to today – I got a brand-spanking new 2016 Chevy Tahoe LT…and why yes, I leased it rather than bought it. Why? Because this baby is equipped with everything I could possibly want and need for my family and me. More importantly, I couldn’t have afforded the monthly payment otherwise…AND I like new…new everything!!
Leasing a vehicle is not for everyone, and I understand from the sales person, many people got burned on leasing when it first came about. The mileage is the big key factor. Anyone who drives a lot for business or even pleasure and puts high mileage on their vehicles would not be a good candidate for leasing. I don’t, so I’m good. The mileage breaker for me is 12,000 a year. If I go over that, I have to start paying.
8 Reasons Why I Leased My First Current Vehicle
- Monthly leasing payments are lower than monthly purchase payments on brand new cars.
- I like the smell of new cars.
- I like the newness of cars.
- I never keep my vehicles long enough to pay it off.
- I don’t see me driving more than 12,000 miles in a yr.
- The deductible on my car insurance actually went down. I had $1000 deductible and the lessor prefers it to be $500 deductible.
- I like/love all the new tech that comes out each year.
- I get free Roadside Assistance free for the full 3-year term. So, I canceled the one I had with my cell phone…that right there saved me $3 a/month…hehehe.
I feel lucky today, and I am happy with the decision my husband and I made to lease instead of buy. So in 3 years, I get another brand-spanking new vehicle…oh what will it be then!!
Here are a few things that come with the lease of this Chevy Tahoe LT:
- 2 Free oil changes – this SUV can and will go 6000 miles before it needs an oil change – Yay!!
- Free Roadside Assistance – I do need that.
- Maintenance free for the 3-year term. If something breaks or goes out of whack, they fix it. Now if I break something….that’s different. I would have to pay for it.
I’m also enjoying Onstar for 6 months free and having 3 months of free WiFi/Bluetooth – Yay!!
I mentioned above that this 2016 Chevy Tahoe LT was fully loaded. First, I love the color – metallic beige gold – the dealership called it some fancy name, but to me, it’s just metallic beige gold…and pretty! It’s loaded with a GPS navigation system, sunroof, built-in DVD player for Brody to watch movies when we are traveling, heated seats front and back, key-less entry and starter. The very back seats lay down (this is awesome because in my Yukon we had to literally take the seats out if we wanted extra room to haul things…and those seats were heavy!), AND…my favorite part – I can open up the back hatch by waving my leg underneath the car. As long as I have the key on my person, it will open up. Now that’s an awesome feature when moms have their hands full of groceries and can’t get to the key to open it up – Yay..again!!
I love everything about my new car….lease and all!!