Do you love giving homemade gifts to special friends, family, co-workers & teachers? I sure do, especially to the ones that have loved on and inspired my child this year…his TEACHERS! Here are 3 easy DIY holiday bath gifts using Epsom Salt. A few have other salts, but don’t worry; they can all be made with Epsom salt that you can find at any store. Also, you can always improvise and use materials you already have on had to decorate them.
3 Easy DIY Holiday Bath Gifts Using Epsom Salt
Soothing Bath Salts – Layered
- Bottom Layer – 6 oz. (3/4 cup) Natural Epsom Salt
- Middle Layer – 4 oz. (1/2 cup) Himalayan Pink Salt (can be purchased in bulk online at Salt Works)
- Top Layer – 4 oz. (1/2 cup) + 2 TBLS Dead Sea Salt Coarse Grain (can be bought in bulk online at Salt Works)
You’ll need a 16 oz. glass jar with close-tight lid. To dress it up, use a festive ribbon to tie around the jar and find a cute gift tag to use. You can either stamp a message or write it out. Also, don’t forget to label your jar with contents.To Use: Mix thoroughly and pour 1/4-1/2 cup into a warm bath.
Holiday Peppermint Spa Bath
- Fill up a jar with Epsom Salt
- Add 5-8 drops Peppermint Essential Oils (found at any health food store)
To decorate, you’ll need ribbon, more ribbon, something cute to go around the jar – I used a large wired ribbon and a Christmas gift tag. Remember, use what you already have in your craft pile!
To Use: Pour at least 1/4-1/2 cup into a warm bath.
Wintergreen Bath Salt Trio
- 3 Recycled Jars
- Epsom Salt – 1-14 cups each jar
- 8-10 drops Wintergreen Essential Oil or Peppermint EO for each jar
Drop oil into salt and mix thoroughly, then fill jars.
To decorate, you’ll need decorative cardstock, stickers, ribbon & jute – or anything pretty that you have on hand.
Pour 1/4 – 1/2 cup into a warm bath and enjoy.
**These are recycled Almond Butter jars I bought at Central Market. I took off the label, and the sticky stuff would not come off, but I used it to my benefit to adhere the decorative paper. Worked out perfect!!!