Between the few prescriptions I take and the vitamins & supplements I take every morning for optimal health, that adds up to a lot of pill consumption in one day. Today, I’m sharing 5 solutions for managing daily pill consumption.
Disclosure: I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy on the CVS Pharmacy Difference Campaign. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
Two years ago I developed hypothyroidism, and as you know there’s a pill for that! That’s one more pill I have to take in the morning. Actually, I have to take this pill first thing in the morning and wait 40 minutes before I take the others. So, that’s a must. Perhaps you’re like me and have many pills to take daily. If so, I’ve come up with a solution that helps me and that might help you too.
The key here is to divide up your pill consumption in different forms and in the evening or at bedtime.
5 Solutions for Managing Daily Pill Consumption
- I opt to take certain vitamins in gummy form, for example; a probiotic and Vitamin D3.
- I’ve started taking Vitamin D3 in the evening with my heaviest meal to ensure proper absorption. Another pill I take at night is Turmeric as it helps to fight inflammation and may help you sleep better at night.
- If you like to spray vitamins in your mouth, choose to take B12 and Vitamin C that way. Or perhaps you don’t mind getting shots – if not, opt for B12 injections.
- Another way is to drink your vitamins. There are so many good healthy drinks on the market these days.
- The best way I have found to manage my daily pill consumption is to have them all filled & refilled at the same pharmacy, such as CVS Pharmacy located inside Target stores.
I take prescription pills because I have to and Vitamin D3 because I have to. I take other vitamins and supplements because I want to for optimal health. Now that equals up to a lot of pills, doesn’t it? I’m so thrilled that CVS Pharmacy is now in all Target stores so I can do some major shopping while waiting for my refills.
Whether you chew, spray, swallow or drink your prescriptions and vitamins, you can find them all at Target. While you’re there, be sure to stop in and say hi to your CVS Pharmacy pharmacist. Their team is always eager to help with any questions or suggestions you may have about your health. My second post MANAGING YOUR HEALTH WITH YOUR PHARMACIST may also give you some information you may not have thought about.
Have you found a solution to manage your pill consumption that I did not mention? I’d love to know!