Aww, the dreaded spring cleaning time of year is upon us. Don’t worry; I’m here to make it all the better with these top 6 DIY Spring Cleaning Products without Chemicals. You’ll love the way your home will smell – fresh and clean!
Tackle spring cleaning by making these products at home.
6 DIY Spring Cleaning Products without Chemicals
I use only 100% pure essential oils in my homemade products. If your oils are a hundred percent pure, you’ve assured no fillers, no preservatives, nothing else added. It will cost more, but it will be way more effective.
Kitchen Disinfecting Cleaning Concentrate
- Buy 1 – 32 oz bottle of white vinegar
- 50 drops tea tree 100% pure essential oil
- 30 drops 100% pure wild orange essential oil
- 2 cups water (added in later)
Pour 1/2 cup vinegar concentrate into a glass spray bottle. Add the water and shake. Clean and wipe counters, sinks, appliances, and other surfaces in the kitchen. For tough messes, spray and leave on for 10 minutes, then wipe with cloth or sponge.
Store in dry, dark places like under kitchen sink. Use up in 2 months.
Lemon Cedar Wood Polish
To enjoy a fresh scent with a woodsy tone, use this spray to wipe away dust and bugs on windowsills, ceiling fans, furniture, etc.
- 8 oz glass spray bottle
- measuring cups
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- Five drops 100% pure lemon essential oil
- Four drops 100% pure cedarwood essential oil
- Pour water, vinegar, and olive or avocado oil in a spray bottle using the funnel.
- Put a top on and shake to combine.
- Add essential oils and shake again with the top on.
Be sure to shake spray bottle before each use as the olive or avocado oil will naturally settle at the bottom. Spray a small amount on a cloth and wipe away dust.
Automatic Dishwasher Powder
This cleaning hack is one of my favorite DIY’s, but it took a while to perfect it. I tweaked it a bit and it works okay. It’s a viral post and one of the best cleaning products without chemicals that people are coming to read. You may have to tweak yours too to get it just right.
Since I had already posted about it a while ago, go here for the post, ingredients, and directions. It’s worth a shot.
Non-Abrasive Bath & Shower Scrub
- small glass mixing bowl
- 8 oz glass airtight container OR 2-4 oz containers (one for each bathroom)
- measuring cups & TBL spoon
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBL pure Castile liquid soap (I like to use Dr. Bronner’s)
- 2 TBL filtered water
- Eight drops 100% pure lemon essential oil
- Four drops 100% pure lavender essential oil
- a small bristle brush or an old toothbrush
- Combine baking soda, castile soap, and water in a small mixing bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until a thick, soft paste is formed.
- Add essential oils and stir once again.
Pour scrub on bristle brush and clean surface. For small areas, use an old toothbrush. Rinse with water and wipe with a clean damp cloth. Be sure to use the entire scrub within three months. Otherwise, it will start to dry out.
More Cleaning Products without Chemicals
Cottage in the Woods Blend – from willowandsage.com
- 2 oz Atomizer (dark) bottle
- Filtered water
- Epsom salt or witch hazel or alcohol*
- 3 drops geranium essential oil
- 3 drops clary sage essential oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Fill the bottle with filtered water, add a sprinkle of Epsom salt or a bit of witch hazel or alcohol, then add the EO’s and shake to combine.
*By adding either the ES, WH, or A to the room spray keeps the oils dispersed throughout the water instead of separating, allowing for an even spray every time.
- Filtered water
- One drop geranium EO
- One drop clary sage EO
- 3 drops lemon EO
- 3 drops grapefruit EO
Linen Spray without chemicals
- 5 oz atomizer glass bottle
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1/3 cup distilled water
- 80 drops 100% pure lavender essential oil
- 40 drops 100% pure sandalwood essential oil
- funnel (optional)
An atomizer glass bottle in the picture is 4 oz and is too small.
PS. This product takes a lot of essential oils, so make sure to use one that doesn’t cost as much. Lavender is less expensive than Sandalwood.
Pour alcohol & water into 5 oz glass bottle, then drop essential oils in and shake. You may find using a funnel to pour in alcohol and water.
Spray on your sheets at night for a soundless night’s sleep. Spray on throw blankets, curtains, comforters, etc.
These cleaning products without chemicals are my go-to solutions every time I clean. I can’t imagine using chemicals on my sheets and my counters.
One last tip: Don’t forget to label your bottles and jars.
You May Also Like