Dry skin brushing might be new to you as it is somewhat still a valuable secret. I first heard of it just last month. Today I am sharing 7 health benefits of dry skin brushing.
(I’ve included my Amazon link so you know where to find products for purchase. If you do, this blog will receive a small commission.)
I first learned about dry skin brushing in a book by Joy McCarthy called, JOYOUS DETOX. I had met her at a blog conference that I attended earlier this year in Chicago, called WOW Summit. She was one of the speakers and I just happened to find her information very appealing, so I signed up to hear her speak. I loved what I heard so I bought her book. It wasn’t until I got home and started reading it that I learned about what dry skin brushing was and the health benefits in doing it.
7 Health Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing
So, I haven’t tried this yet, but I do know that as our body matures and we get older, our skin stops renewing itself, so we need to give it a nudge. That’s why my new go-to health trick is dry skin brushing. It’s on my wish list for the holidays.
- First and foremost, it exfoliates dead skin cells and unclogs pores which will help the skin to glow. I think this is the number one reason why the ones that know about it or doing it.
- Rejuvenates the skin for a softer feel and enhances skin texture for a smooth look
- Increases circulation, which will help blood flow throughout the body, and prevents stagnation of fluids in the body
- Dry skin brushing can help stimulate your lymphatic system, which will help to remove product waste (toxins) from the body and help with inflammation.
- Joy says in her book that she dry brushes her skin everyday and how energizing she feels afterwards. It’s very invigorating too, she admits.
- I’ve read twice now that this simple procedure may help to decrease cellulite.
- I think it’s very well possible that if dry skin brushing helps with the above, then our lives will be a little less stressful.
So, there you go, what do you think of these 7 healthy benefits of dry skin brushing? Are you sold? Would you try it? Why?
Not sure about you, but this had me at “exfoliates dead skin cells”. We exfoliate our face, why not our whole body, right?. When shopping for a good dry brush, be sure to look for one that has natural bristle with fairly stiff bristles. According to Joy, you want to find a brush that is “comfortable uncomfortable” but not one that scratches your skin.
You can buy dry skin brushing tools on Amazon that have natural bristles and are affordable.
If anything, be sure to check out Joy’s new book, JOYOUS DETOX, it’s all about her awesome detox plan, her healthy detox recipes, and everything she does to be and stay healthy…and dry skin brushing is high up there on her list.
Here is a DIY All Natural Body Power that I use everyday. It’s great for those hot flashes!!