When baking with essential oils, there are certain things you need to be cautious about so you will not ruin your dish. Here are 8 tips for baking with essential oils.
8 Tips for Baking with Essential Oils
- Always keep essential oils in the dark glass container, away from heat, light, and humid conditions. You can also store them in the refrigerator.
- Use a glass or ceramic bowl when mixing ingredients that contain essential oils. The essential oil may ruin certain types of plastic.
- Don’t leave the cap off the bottle.
- Essential oils have a much longer shelf-life than dried herbs or spices. While individual oils are more costly in the first stages, over the long haul, they will prove more cost-effective.
- Because all essential oils tend to have different viscosity levels, don’t drop the oil directly into your mixture. Drop the required amount on a spoon and then into your mix to make sure you have the proper amount.
- A little goes a long way. Drop, stir, taste – repeat if needed.
- Try to avoid touching the insert with your fingers as your natural oils may affect the oil composition.
- If you are baking with kids, be sure to keep the oils out of reach. Essential Oils are highly concentrated so use with caution.
I’ve started experimenting with essential oils in my baking, as well as making beauty treatments and household cleaners, and I can tell you that they work wonderfully. All natural is the way to go these days. I’m reading more and more about how people are switching over. Any essential oils will work, make sure they are 100% pure – no additives included. For example – doTerra Essential Oils are 100% pure grade (my affiliate link). You want to get the full benefit of your oils.
How to use essential oils
And trust me, when it says one drop, it means one drop – that’s all you need! Don’t make the mistake my sister made. Once, she made a pot of beans and dropped more of oregano and thyme than what the recipe called for and ruined her pot of beans. She had to throw it in the trash because it was not edible. These two essential oils are powerful. So, when you’re baking with essential oils, be very cautious.
Do you bake with essential oils or make beauty treatments? I would love to hear what you have made – do share!!
You May Also Like